Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically, he doesn't have to ask at all, as they're parodies -- but it would seem that he's just a nice guy ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
      A new video is up on YouTube - this time it's a parody of Lorde's "Royals". It starts out pretty cheesy, but do hang on - it gets HILARIOUS at the end. (Celeb cameo of the day is Patton Oswalt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0TEJMJOhk

EDIT: Also a bit of warning - if the sight of mould and bacteriae makes you squeamish, please proceed with caution.
      Roommate said, "Boy, he's kind of phoning it in on this one, isn't he?"

I'd already seen the video, so I just said, "Wait."

Comment

Don't leave us hanging. What was his reaction to the end of it?

Comment

Weird Al for the Super Bowl!

100k signatures and still climbing. Not bad for a drunken "What if?" petition. It's certainly struck a chord with people. I've heard it mentioned on multiple radio stations up here, including a Sirius Radio station at a local restaurant.

With "Sports Team" on his latest album, even if the NFL just arranged to have him come out and perform that song during the halftime, it would be a blast. (Not sure it would be enough to make me WATCH the Super Bowl; but I'd certainly check the YouTube's after. :P

Comment

Speaking of Al, here's an interesting article: What Small Businesses Can Learn from Weird Al’s #1 Hit Album

(Yay, his album hit #1!)
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              (Yay, his album hit #1!)
              That's not terribly surprising. considering how he's treated in the music industry and by fans (essentially Jesus) I would be surprised if it DIDN'T hit #1.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I loved the Jack Black part...

Because I'm tackyyyyyyyyy......43 bumper stickers and a YOLO license plate! Bring along my coupon book whenever I'm on a date! Practice my twerking moves in line at the DMV *cute the twerking!* Took the whole bowl of restaurant mints, 'cause hey it said they're free!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Actually, this is Al's first-ever #1 album ever...which kinda surprised me, until I remembered that that's the *overall* chart; #1 in comedy albums all day long, sure, but even for a legend like Al, this is quite an impressive feat.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I like "Word Crimes" but now I can't get over the fact that there's a word crime committed in the song.

"Try your best to not drool" -- DON'T SPLIT THE INFINITIVE!
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well...to the best of my knowledge, "don't split infinitives" isn't really considered a felony-class word crime anymore once you finish school These days, it's a minor citation, at worst.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Well...to the best of my knowledge, "don't split infinitives" isn't really considered a felony-class word crime anymore once you finish school These days, it's a minor citation, at worst.
                        It's a felony to me, damn it. It makes me want to literally smack a crowbar upside his stupid head.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          It's a felony to me, damn it. It makes me want to literally smack a crowbar upside his stupid head.
                          *wanders off looking for his crowbar*

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            *wanders off looking for his crowbar*
                            .........NOW HE'S GOT ME DOING IT! AAAAAAAARGH!

Comment

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! *carves another notch on his dictionary*

Comment

.........NOW HE'S GOT ME DOING IT! AAAAAAAARGH!
                                Are you planning to boldly split infinitives where no man (or no one, depending on whether it's the original or the reboot) has split infinitives before?
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X