Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't people learn!? (Another non-emergency 911 Call)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't people learn!? (Another non-emergency 911 Call)

Terry Kimbell called 911 to complain the Taco Bell wouldn't sell him tacos because he was standing in the drive-thru lane

He told the 911 dispatcher that he had been out and drinking. And being the responsible adult that he is, decided to keep his car parked and walked a quarter of a mile the Taco Bell so he could eat some of their delicious food because he "got the munchies."

He stayed on the phone for 11 minutes before the police came and arrested him for misusing the 911 system.

The reason he called 911? (As recorded during his conversation with the dispatcher):

Quoth Mr. Kimbell
    Kimbell: "When I get refused service for no reason, it T's me off. So, I call you guys. Does that make sense?"

No. No, that does not make sense.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's my taco bell! I have been asked to order stuff for people numerous time when I've gone there late at night. The restaurant is within walking distance of a couple of less well off neighborhoods so the people may not have cars but they are some of the nicest folks I've ever met. Guess this one was just a bad egg that slipped in while no one was looking.

Comment

Fucking moron. I bet the idiot and others like him really weren't taught as kids that 911 is for EMERGENCIES ONLY!!!!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          Fucking moron. I bet the idiot and others like him really weren't taught as kids that 911 is for EMERGENCIES ONLY!!!!
          Well. Mostly. Sometimes. Some places don't have any other way to contact the local police, which just makes things confusing when you go from a town like that to one that has a different number for every possible scenario.

But at no time is it appropriate to call 911 just to whine that a business is following it's own rules.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

He's planning to sue!

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news...-side-of-story

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
              He's planning to sue!
              Like any lawyer will take that case
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It amazes me how people misuse the system - you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll be the people who complain if they couldn't get through in time...
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

What I find sickening is the amount of comments on the main article who are saying the guy was "in the right" to walk thru the drive thru. I guess some people don't understand what liabilities are.
                  New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                  New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Working...
                  X