This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil thoughts

I have this one lottery customer who is mildly annoying because he will bring in a big stack of tickets to check when he comes to get his lottery fix. He buys a lot of lottery numbers at a time. He always has several play slips, and always wants them run several times each. You get the idea.

The part that really annoyed me was that he always used to just walk off and leave his losing tickets on the counter for me to throw away. I broke him of that, though, because I started stacking them in the middle of his play slips and newly purchased tickets. So, he had to sort the stack to separate them, and that took time.

So, I waited on him yesterday. He went through his usual routine, and left. Another customer came in, and made a casual comment to me about the man outside really getting into his lottery. So, I walked over to the window to look.

Lottery man was standing on the driver's side of his car sorting his stack. He had the tickets and play slips sprawled out on the hood of his car like cards on a table. Business was slow at the moment since it was Labor Day yesterday. So, I was just watching lottery man. I burst out laughing before I realized it. One of our regular retirees was drinking coffee and watching the world go by outside the window, too.

Me: "All I can think is that it would be a shame if a sudden gust of wind were to blow. Couldn't you just see him scrambling to chase all that paper?"

Both customers and the manager busted out laughing, and I just stood there still lost in the moment. Maybe you had to be there, but it was funny. Does that really make me evil?
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Oh no not evil. In fact it's very good as you gave me a hilarious mental image to watch over and over. Ahhh.... if only you could control the wind.
    My Wajas cave

Comment

I would have burst out laughing seeing him try to chase dozens of pieces of paper thru a parking lot.

Comment

No..

Evil is starting up the leafblower and then looking innocent!!!

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
          Evil is starting up the leafblower and then looking innocent!!!
          Hey, it's after con close, all the kiddies are in bed... turn that leaf blower up to full, and lets go find some kilts.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
            Me: "All I can think is that it would be a shame if a sudden gust of wind were to blow. Couldn't you just see him scrambling to chase all that paper?"

Both customers and the manager busted out laughing, and I just stood there still lost in the moment. Maybe you had to be there, but it was funny. Does that really make me evil?
            If that makes you evil, it makes me evil, too. I thought the same thing.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X