Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't these people have anything better to do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't these people have anything better to do?

The SC's I'm referring to are the ones that seem to have all kinds of time to call their customer service department about their bills, or the ones who show up in a place of business nearly each and every day.

* A while back, I was at a Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and I encountered this woman who was there complaining about her doughnuts not being hot enough when she ordered them. The manager was up and down apologizing to this woman, who looked to be close to 400 pounds. She said to the manager, "I have never been treated like this before, and I come in here every day!" (And you could tell she was telling the truth on that one). However, later on, actually, a week later, I went back in, and that same woman was in there, griping again about how her doughnuts were not hot enough! The same manager was talking to her, and I heard him tell her, "Maam, we've dealt with this every day since you came in here last week. This is how we serve the doughnuts." In other words, she had been in there each day since I first saw her, and was griping each day afterward about her "cold" doughnuts.

* Other times, dealing with working in a call center, I have seen my share of customers that hardly call in, and those that call literally every day. Some customers never call in for years, and others call sometimes twice a day. This is the reason companies like Sprint are now dropping customers for excessive calling to gripe about anything and everything they don't like about their account. When I was at Bellsouth, we had Ms White who called each and every day about her account. After a while, it was handled by our operations manager, who cringed every time she heard this woman's name. On the other hand, the customers I would get who you saw last called five, ten years ago were always the most pleasant to talk to, and they were calling about something minor, like a new charge they never saw before.

* I read an article on the internet a while back that talked about an airline and a woman who right after she flew with them, would always write a nasty letter about how awful things were. These letters would occur sometimes three, four times a week, and they were quite lengthy. After about ten of these letters with her constant threats and complaints, the chairman of the airline told her it was nice dealing with her, and they hoped she would find better service with whatever airline she was threatening to use from now on. She was such a pain in the ass that they were willing to let her go elsewhere instead of dealing with that headache. It got to where they figured this woman does nothing but fly on airplanes, then spend hours writing these letters.

Do SC's that do these things excessively have jobs, a family, other things they do with their lives instead of being on the phone, writing letters or frequenting the same place of business all the time? I'm only asking because I have a family, and I'm lucky if I even get to go shopping for pleasure these days.
    Last edited by greensinestro; 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM.

These are probably people who have nothing better to do, or ignore what they need to do to save some money. Then complain that they don't have enough time in the day.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

It amazes me that people don't have better things to do. I was at the bank last night, and while this woman had a legimate complaint, there was no management there to help her. The cashier told her that. Apoligized for the inconvience, and gave her a temporary solution.

Granted, I wouldn't have liked the solution she gave either, but I get that there was nothing that could be done at that time (it was 6:30, they close at 7). She just kept standing there rehashing everything, and saying "it's not good enough".

I get it lady, I do, I'd be frustrated too. But what good does arguing like that constantly do?

Comment

This thread reminds me of an article i saw I think in Money Magazine, maybe 7-8 years ago. It was all about saving money, and how this one woman got all kinds of freebies by simply complaining about any type of service she had gotten. She got free stuff from airilnes, hotels, coupons for free groceries by writing to the co. and saying their food wasn't up to par, and the list was endless.
        In sum, she was the ultimate SC! I don't recall if she was a PITA SC, but to have issues with every simple person, product or company you deal with is just ridiculous.

I actually work with a guy like that. Fortunately I don't sit near him anymore, but each and every day he would be on the phone, whining to SOMEONE about SOMETHING, and would always try and weasel something out of it for himself. I've never seen anyone have so many problems with so many things! It's unbelieveable...

While I am a firm believer in letting a co. know if their service is not acceptable, i certainly don't expect anything in return, nor do i scream and yell and make a fuss. I will however state my case calmly and politely. If the co sees fit to give me a discount, or a free product, i take it graciously, but never demand, and if they don't offer me anything, its ok too...as long as my issues can be resolved, I am ok with that.

Comment

Something I recall from about five years ago occurred with a Ramada Inn I stayed at. It was such a terrible place to stay and I have since then refused to stay at any hotel in their chain. I had complained about how they allowed a basketball team to stay the night, and not one complaint made by myself and other patrons went answered. We're talking high school kids here, with chaperones, you would think, that would make sure order was maintained. These guys stayed up almost all night, partying in their rooms, playing loud music, loud televisions, and just had absolutely no respect for the other people trying to get some sleep that night.

When I got home, I wrote them a complaint and told them that I think a refund for the night spent there was in order. Now, I normally do not request refunds, but it cost me $100 for that night of misery and hell, and I felt it was something I should try to get back. All I got in return were things like, "We'll look into this", or "Someone will contact you shortly." Their solution was $25 toward my next stay, which I never took advantage of, and there was no apology added to it.

I was not relentless in my quest to get my $100 back, but I figured I would at least try. The $25 was OK, but I did not deem it enough for what I went through. I was in Atlanta, and had a twelve hour drive back to West Palm Beach the next day. It was hellish doing that drive without enough sleep, but thank God for coffee and rest areas.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
            to have issues with every simple person, product or company you deal with is just ridiculous.
            It's a shame that people like that will NEVER realize that it's not the fault of these employees/managers/corporate/etc. and their goods and/or services--IT'S THEM and their crappy attitudes about everything. (And more than likely wanting freebies.)
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Had a 'customer' like that who would call every single day at Countrywide. I call her a 'customer' only in that she was technically doing business through us. Never failed, apparently, every time she had an exception in the works, it went to one particular UW. And this woman would call in every single day in an attempt to get her exception done immediately. No matter the fact that her closing was weeks, or sometimes months away. Rushes were done for files that were closing 'Today', or within 24 hours. Not next week, not two days from now. 24 hours from any update in the system, the UW was supposed to have the file done. No, this woman would call in daily, and I'd always get her. ALWAYS! And her calls wouldn't be simple little calls, oh, no, they'd stretch out to the very limits of our call queue. And she'd always call just as I decided to take one last call before my lunch break. And she'd want to talk to the UW on the file. Who, upon finding out it was 'her' on the line, would not respond to my IMs. So, eventually, the caller would just flat out tell me, "Look, I know, and you know, that she's not going to call me back. Just put the file on a rush and I'll get off the phone."
              "Oh, no, you'll get off the phone anyway. And I can't rush your file, since I know it's not closing within 24 hours. All I can do right now, and you know this is all I can do, because I tell you every single damn time you call in, is to update the UW that there were changes made to the file. She has 24 hours to respond to them. So you should have an answer before your scheduled close."
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
              X