Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of feeling like a cranky old-timer, I'm 29 and could easily live as a hermit given the choice. I just hate being around large groups of people, especially if I don't know but a few of them. I'm thoroughly a home body.
    Amen. If it wasn't for work and food I wouldn't interact with anyone save my kindred fellows online. -.-

Everyone outside drives me insane.

Comment

Quoth Ghengis51 View Post
      Me: Full DOB please

Kid: uhm June 16th

Me: What YEAR??
      Kid: Every year

Damn, now what movie was that from? Anybody?...

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Amen. If it wasn't for work and food I wouldn't interact with anyone save my kindred fellows online. -.-

Everyone outside drives me insane.
        Not everyone drives me insane, but I prefer the company of family (only some of them) or a small group of close friends when I choose to venture away from home. Otherwise, I just do what I need to do and head back home.

Honestly, I'd play the lottery if I thought I had a real chance at winning that fortune I'd use to buy myself a secluded island where I could live as a hermit.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post

Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again. Said by Larry the Cable Guy, I believe it was.

I'm 22, and I've pretty much given up on having kids from my deep-seeded hatred of these spoiled little brats I see everywhere. I know that I couldn't last longer than a few weeks with kids of that age without snapping.
          "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

Meh...kids come in all types. I used to teach at summer camps for very well-to-do families and we had everything from the girl who tried to slap another camper with a canoe paddle and yelled that her grandpa was on the board of directors and she would have my job to the 8-year-old who, when his peers were talking about the movie Troy, tried to start a discussion on which academic translation of the Illiad was the best. Because, you see, he had brought a couple as summer reading.

Comment

Quoth Emmeileia View Post
              to the 8-year-old who, when his peers were talking about the movie Troy, tried to start a discussion on which academic translation of the Illiad was the best. Because, you see, he had brought a couple as summer reading.
              Amazing. I don't think I've ever managed to read the Iliad. The Odysee, however... And I love Greek mythology.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post

Hot Fuzz!!!
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

It's what I've been seeing coming out of the schools these days that make me shudder. It's not just the fault of the kids, but the fault of the school system with the spine of a wet noodle and the parents who are afraid to do anything thanks to busybodies with cellphones and CPS on the speed-dial.

But come on....to see someone even at a fast-food place that doesn't know how to count change? *shudder*

*slinks over to Fratching to continue this train of thought*................
                  Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    the things they get away with wearing
                    Damn prostitots.

Comment

Working...
                    X