This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's pick a fight today!

So the last pre-season game was on tonight, and the game wasn't broadcast in HD. The network makes those calls, and with HD cameras still expensive the truth is they aren't going to shell out the bucks to put a game full of scrubs on in HD.

Well one guy got a bee in his pooper over it and decided he'd call in and pick a fight. He asked how can we advertise HD channels when they don't always have HD programming on them? I try to explain how HD is still a relatively new concept and there's only a few channels that broadcast HD 24/7. He wasn't hearing it, and just kept repeating over and over how we're being deceptive by saying we have HD channels that aren't because sometimes they air non HD programming.

I tried to play the good little phone serf for a while before I got tired of his nonsense. I flat out told him that just because there is non HD programming shown that doesn't mean it's not an HD channel. He then accused me of trying to play word games in that "yeah whatever, I'm right and you're just a dumb phone jockey" tone that just drives me up the frigging walls. I absolutely HATE being talked to as if I came to work on the short bus. I just interrupted the guy and told him I wasn't going to argue with him and asked if he had anything else he needed help with. He tried to start the same argument again so I just told him I'm sorry the game wasn't in HD and and if he had any other questions he was free to call back later.

Part of me wished he would have said something else just so I could have come back with "....I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!"
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Mmmm ... now I want some chocolate.
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Also, this is why it takes so long to speak to someone at your cable company: Jackholes like this guy who have such empty lives they call in to pick fights with CSRs over the definition of HD channels.
      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
        Also, this is why it takes so long to speak to someone at your cable company: Jackholes like this guy who have such empty lives they call in to pick fights with CSRs over the definition of HD channels.
        So that's why I can never get through to get my special -hockey -game- that's- only- going -to -be- shown -once
        and -never- again!!!
        And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

Imagine

If cable TV existed when the first colour shows were coming out. At that time at-least 75% of the shows were still in B&W.

I understand people at that time did return colour TVs for real because they thought they would turn shows that were being broadcast in B&W into colour ones.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            I understand people at that time did return colour TVs for real because they thought they would turn shows that were being broadcast in B&W into colour ones.

Yeah, that figures. It shocked me at first as to how someone could be that stupid, but then I remembered, if you look at how stupid an average person is, that means half the people in the world are stupider.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
              "....I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!"
              "You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!"
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
              X