This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You WILL come in on your day off!

A coworker told me about this right before I left work today. This is Labor Day weekend, and we are closed on Saturday and Monday(Sunday too, but that's normal). About a quarter to 5, coworker R picked up a call. Some of this is paraphrased, since I didn't take the call, but the text in red is what R told me this douchenozzle actually said. Behold the suck:

R: Coworker
    DMB: Do My Bidding!

R: <on phone> Parts, can I help you?
    DMB: Yeah, I need a door handle for my 98 Chevy Silverado.
    R: OK, what color is the interior?
    DMB: Grey.
    R: No problem we stock both left and right sides. They're about $40.
    DMB: OK, I'll be in in the morning to pick that up.
    R: I'm sorry sir, we are closed tomorrow and Monday for Labor Day.
    DMB: That's unacceptable.
    R: Beg pardon?
    DMB: I need this part. One of you will have to come in so that I can pick it up.
    R: I'm afraid not, sir. We will not be open again until Tuesday.
    DMB: No, you're not hearing me. I need this part. Be there or I will report you. Me thinking: <to who?>
    R: Sir, come down if you like, but no one will be here. WE. ARE. CLOSED. FOR. THE. HOLIDAY. Thank you for calling. Good day. <click>

Parts normally opens at 8AM. I was going to sleep in tomorrow, but I might just drive down there at 7:45 and wait in my car to watch this self-righteous prick bloody his fists on our door. On second thought, I'm sleeping in.

Good God, man! It's a door handle! The truck will run without it! It can wait!
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

R: I'm sorry sir, we are closed tomorrow and Monday for Labor Day.
    DMB: That's unacceptable.
    R: Beg pardon?
    DMB: I need this part. One of you will have to come in so that I can pick it up.
    My response:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

No.

*click!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

No.

*click!
      Pretty much.

It amazes me how bent out of shape parts customers will get about us closing for a holiday or some other event(inventory is coming in a couple of months. Can't wait. ) The day after Thanksgiving, New Years Day, etc all bring out the SC in people. We like our days off, too!

Comment

I would've told him... sir, if you are willing to pay me a full day's wages in holiday pay I will gladly come down there to get you your door handle.
        Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
          I would've told him... sir, if you are willing to pay me a full day's wages in holiday pay I will gladly come down there to get you your door handle.
          Problem is, management won't have opened the business, given me a till, or done anything at all to make it vaguely possible for me TO get you that part.

The funny part about all this is that I have had to personally wait for a few days to get a part that was NECESSARY for my vehicle. Like, say, an alternator, a starter, a battery, etc.

But a FUCKING DOOR HANDLE? Oh, good lord, man....get a grip.

Oh, wait...you can't....no door handle to get a grip on to. Sorry about your luck!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I seriously would have asked "report me to who exactly?"

Comment

At my parts place if the guy was regular, or knew the owner personally. Someone would have been there for him (possibly the owner). Or we would have billed it for him and set it outside so he could pick it up. The owner got the one guy a cell phone so customers could call any time, and he can come in on Sundays if need be.

So I feel your pain about the parts people. Had it been an engine or something, maybe. But a freaking window crank?!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                I was going to sleep in tomorrow, but I might just drive down there at 7:45 and wait in my car to watch this self-righteous prick bloody his fists on our door.
                Awwwwwwwwwww, boo!!!!

I would've loved to have seen the video...braving my dial up connection to do so. And that's saying something.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Pretty much.

It amazes me how bent out of shape parts customers will get about us closing for a holiday
                  PFB often has many interesting & amusing letters around holiday time, about people complaining that the stores had the nerve to close for a holiday. I always find them pretty amusing.
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                    I seriously would have asked "report me to who exactly?"
                    Yeah, I wondered that myself.

Report us to the owner? It's his call whether or not we close on holidays, so I don't think he will care.

The police? I'd like to hear THAT call.

The CIA? OK now I'm scared!

I do feel sorry for our receptionist, though. She will be there taking calls all day for parts and service that aren't going to go well!

Comment

When I worked New Years day we had a customer who was disgusted that we were closing at 4pm. How dare humble retail workers want to enjoy a public holiday! Needless to say, the manager told him where to go!
                      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Ah, this brings back memories.

The only day we aren't open is Christmas day. Although, I think if they could, head office would try...

Anyway, Christmas eve, 30 mins from closing, I'm facing up in the confectionary, and this...thing... comes up (I think it was female. Iit had breasts and a feminine face and voice. However, it also had a comb-over and a little bit of a moustache, so I'm not sure, to this day)
                        IT: Excuse me shopgirl (yes really), Are you going to be open christmas day?
                        Me: Urrrmmm, no, sorry.
                        IT: Well, WHY NOT! What if I WANTED to come in Christmas day and you weren't open? You'd lose that money, how would you feel about that?
                        Me:...
                        IT: WHY aren't you open christmas day? What about all those people who want to shop! It's not as if it has any MEANING any more.
                        Me: Because they know it would be useless to even try and get the staff.
                        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                          Ah, this brings back memories.

The only day we aren't open is Christmas day. Although, I think if they could, head office would try...

Anyway, Christmas eve, 30 mins from closing, I'm facing up in the confectionary, and this...thing... comes up (I think it was female. Iit had breasts and a feminine face and voice. However, it also had a comb-over and a little bit of a moustache, so I'm not sure, to this day)
                          IT: Excuse me shopgirl (yes really), Are you going to be open christmas day?
                          Me: Urrrmmm, no, sorry.
                          IT: Well, WHY NOT! What if I WANTED to come in Christmas day and you weren't open? You'd lose that money, how would you feel about that?
                          Me:...
                          IT: WHY aren't you open christmas day? What about all those people who want to shop! It's not as if it has any MEANING any more.
                          Me: Because they know it would be useless to even try and get the staff.
                          Does this idiot realize that he has 24 days to shop? Not even that, he has all DAMN year to shop!

Comment

The police? I'd like to hear THAT call.
                            You never know! I remember a couple years back, someone posted a link to a 911 call made by some soccer mom who could not have it her way at Burger King. I'm sure it was just a joke & was not for real, but I honestly could see some people taking it to that extreme if they don't get their way.
                            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Should have said...."Oh really? Well, IF you're telling me to come in on my day off then that means that you're my "boss" & being that you're my boss I DEMAND a RAISE!"......LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X