Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had that on Memorial Day; we were closing at 5 (so we thought!), and it was maybe 4:45, and a customer said, after asking and being told we closed in 15 minutes, what time did we NORMALLY close (in a rather snotty tone). She then looked and said, oh, well, I guess YOU (meaning the store employees) should be able to enjoy some of the holiday. Gee, I'm so happy you think WE are also entitled to some time off! I hate when people bitch and moan about being closed on holidays, or closing early for them...um, think about it genius; who do you think staffs the store? That's right, people just like you! And just like you, we want to have some time with our families!!!

It was funny though; we were actually supposed to be open until 6 Memorial Day, but the schedule had everyone working only until 6, when we are normally scheduled an hour past closing...hahahahaha - so we closed at 5! oops.

And for Labor Day, there was a rumor that we were going to be open until 9; our normal closing, even though all the other stores in the center were closing at 6! I fortunately asked for that day off, and it turns out we are closing at 6, just like everyone else.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
      IT: Well, WHY NOT! What if I WANTED to come in Christmas day and you weren't open?
      What if I WANTED to kick you repeatedly in the head? Steel-toe boots.

You'd lose that money, how would you feel about that?
      Lemme check......... nope. I don't care. The Give-a-d@mn is busted. Makes no difference to me. Would you hold still so I can kick you in the head now? Steel-toe boots.
      Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

but my car dealer's service department was open today...I know cuz I just paid them 400 bucks...

BN is only closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think the day before Thanksgiving they close at 9, and Christmas Eve they close at 6. Other holidays they usually close at 9, though on July 4th Store1 closes at 7 because they do fireworks at the Racetrack next door and by that time there's no one shopping, but the parking lot is full of people there for the fireworks, so even if you wanted to shop, good luck finding a place to park.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It's not as if it has any MEANING any more.
          He's got a point. Stolen holiday anyway.... Anyone who's actually read the Bible knows Yeshua was born in the Spring.

Comment

At the Gaming Store, we were only closed Christmas Day (and that was only because the owner's wife insisted that the store be closed on that day). Do you know how many hard-core gamers would call on Christmas Eve, ask if we were open on Christmas Day and then complain because we weren't? And it wasn't because they wanted to buy stuff, they just wanted to come to the store, to be away from their families, to game.

Comment

Quoth Foxglove8778 View Post
              What if I WANTED to kick you repeatedly in the head? Steel-toe boots.
              And to my lovely sucky customer Mrs. Asshole, who cried tears of rage when I needed a pat on the back... I bequeath... A boot to the head.

Comment

Alas, the missed opportunity!

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                ...R: They're about $40.
                DMB: OK, I'll be in in the morning to pick that up.
                R: I'm sorry sir, we are closed tomorrow and Monday for Labor Day.
                DMB: That's unacceptable.
                R: Beg pardon?
                DMB: I need this part. One of you will have to come in so that I can pick it up.
                "Alrighty, sir, we can accomodate your needs. It will only cost $400. If you could give me your credit card info, I can process that for you right now, and I promise that I will be here tomorrow from eight until noon so you can pick up your part.
                OR, you can wait until Tuesday and pay $40."

Then it's a win-win: either he agrees to come in Tuesday, or you make $400 for hanging around work for a few hours on your day off.

Comment

"hello, farkville police department"

"I want to report a store for being CLOSED on a HOLIDAY!"

(cue sound of cops laughing hysterically)

Wow, what a douchebag. I can't believe some people believe us folks with less glamorous jobs should be available around the clock to serve their every need.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                    Wow, what a douchebag. I can't believe some people believe us folks with less glamorous jobs should be available around the clock to serve their every need.
                    ...and it's only going to get worse. Thanks to a certain pharmacy that claims to be "everywhere"
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                      One of you will have to come in so that I can pick it up.
                      These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                      X