Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, most redheads look AWESOME in pink! I know it doesn't sound like it should work, but it does.

I had a cousin dye her hair bright orange...she looked great in lavender.

Natural redheads usually look great in pinks, blues, lavenders, greens, and olives. Not usually a problem. The lady was a little nuts.

Comment

My sister has gorgeous red hair, but it does make it hard for her to get clothes. She tends to go for black, blue, and gray, though she has one pink blouse that's very cute on her.

Then again, I'm blonde and go for blues and grays with the occasional green thrown in. I do look good in pink but don't really like it. Maybe it's a family thing.
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I have red hair.

Green, cobalt blue, and black make up most of my wardrobe. I don't wear red, orange, or pink. Ever.

But it's not 'cause of my hair. It's 'cause I have rosacea.

That grandma was nuts.

Comment

Depending on what particular shade of red my hair wants to be on any given day...ah, Hell. I wear whatever I damn well please.

I don't care.

Besides, everyone says I have a "wonderful/fantastic/BEAUTIFUL complexion".
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm a redhead (light auburn) with eyes that mix moss green, brown and gold.

When I was about two years old (40 some plus mumble mumble years ago), some SC asked my grandmother if she dyed my hair. My grandmother was too polite and in shock to say anything beyond, "Of course, not!"

I can't wear green, I know, freak of nature, but my complexion just doesn't work with green. Can't wear gray (except for the lightest, silvery shade), brown, beige or olive. I wear lots of black because it's easier. I can wear many pastels, including pink, aqua, peach, lavender and lilac. Lighter shades of teal. Turquoise. I NEVER wear red, of any shade or hue.

All that said, what did Grandma want? Was she trying to downplay the red hair or make it stand out like Nature's stop light? Or were you supposed to conjure the perfect outfit from the mental picture she could neither explain nor convey?

BTW, I was a red-headed stepchild.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

hair color, skin tone and eye color can seriously change what you look good in.
              Case in point, im much 'darker' compared to my mother and sister. So i look good in light blue, pink, purple, black (who doesnt) and many greens and browns. My mother and sister dont look good in green or brown (my mother because green makes her washed out and my sister brown washes her out) but my mother and sister can wear reds, hundards of reds, and every shade of blue on earth, where i cant go past robins egg with out looking weird. But when my porclien skined sister died her hair black she looked wonderful in pale pinks that normally classed with her strawberry blonde/auburny hair. and i cant wear gold where they can. silver falters my skin toen better. Actually i look wonderful in rich native american colors where they look best in those colors the english loved (oh and i cant wear orange, it makes me look pastey)

Comment

My best friend in high school was a redhead...she had the most stunning pale yellow outfit, simply gorgeous. It's all about the shade!
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Did you know that we redheads are supposedly going to become extinct, too?

It seems to matter more what your skin tone is than your hair color. My mom grew up in the 50's, raised with the "redheads can't wear red" thing. My dad and I finally got her convinced that she looks great in red! With me, I look good in red, but I look really good in sky blue. And army green works on me, my eyes are the same color so it pulls them out. I think that the reason some colors work on me that don't on my mom is because of the coloring that I got from my dad. My dad's side is Scottish by way of Dal Riada when they came over from Ireland. On my mom's side, we've got some Norman and Danish Viking thrown in for good measure!
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Yeah, where does the myth "redheads can't wear red" come from? I think redheads look adorable in red, as well as other colors!
                    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
                      Yeah, where does the myth "redheads can't wear red" come from?
                      I think it's some sort of conspiracy.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X