This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Faith in Humanity Has Reached an All-Time Low

because of these two winners. first off, this lady comes to the customer service center, looks at my coworker who was standing inside it, and asked him if he works there.

i shall pause and let that sink in for a moment...

then some guy called and asked if he could order/get one of those foam hands that say " (team name) is #1!"

Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

What is the problem of the guy wanting to order a foam hand?
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
      because of these two winners. first off, this lady comes to the customer service center, looks at my coworker who was standing inside it, and asked him if he works there.

Oh geez have these people not died out yet? I had that so many times when I ran a pub. It was nearly always men.

"Can I talk to the manager."

"Yep, you're talking to her. How can I help?"

Cue shocked look. I wound up buying a t-shirt with the slogan "God's busy. How may I help you."
      Idiot-proofing myself since 1997

Comment

Quoth powerboy
        What is the problem of the guy wanting to order a foam hand?
        well, maybe if she didn't work in a bookstore...

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post

i shall pause and let that sink in for a moment...
        Shortly after we got our info desk installed in Store1, one of the guys told me that someone did that exact thing...we all shook our heads and wept for humanity. I have also gotten it myself, both at the info desk and when I was standing behind the cashwrap...double

btw, I see that you are now in fiction...my condolences

-ams- former fiction queen
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't think BNG's workplace carries foam hands, and lacks anything to make the guy think they would.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            well, maybe if she didn't work in a bookstore...
            Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            I don't think BNG's workplace carries foam hands, and lacks anything to make the guy think they would.

I know, that she works in a bookstore. But for some reason, it didn't click.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
              I know, that she works in a bookstore. But for some reason, it didn't click.
              hehe, then again, B&N carries a lot of stuff you wouldn't associate with a bookstore...especially on the website...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Dunno, maybe the guy thought that since there was a Sports book section, then by some weird logic they should carry everything sports-related (I can see it now: "Armchair Spectator For Dummies" complete with inflatable "foam" hand, watercolor facepaint, et al...)
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Moonlight View Post
                  I wound up buying a t-shirt with the slogan "God's busy. How may I help you."
                  I have that shirt!

Comment

When I went into a dollar store once, I asked a guy which aisle they had the paint in. He turned to me and said "do I look like I work here?" On closer inspection, I realized his green shirt did not match the green shirts of all the other employees. But a simple apology and all was forgiven.
                    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Hey, it's got words on it and is probably the only thing that customer has read lately aside from TV Guide.
                      "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

I've been standing in front of my register, light on all shiny bright, with a plastic bag ready in my hand... and had customers ask if I was open. >.<
                        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I have been stocking shelves, in the same shirt all other employees wear, company logo visible on sleeve and get "do you work here" I always want to answer no sorry, find someone else.

I was shopping at a large grocery store chain where ALL the non food service depts(bakery, deli, etc) employees wear black shoes, black pants, pressed white dress shirt, tie and smock. I was wearing khaki shorts, t-shirt and sandals and i get asked "hey where is <product>" I respond don't know, don;t care" Guy get's pissed and walks off.

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                            I've been standing in front of my register, light on all shiny bright, with a plastic bag ready in my hand... and had customers ask if I was open. >.<
                            That happened just yesterday, heh. I usually look at them, lean out to look up at my light, and then look back at them. I'll occasionally make some comment about making sure my light was on if they start to look confused or offended.

Comment

Quoth Moonlight View Post
                              a t-shirt with the slogan "God's busy. How may I help you."
                              I want one.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X