This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable!

Busy weekend because of the holiday. My hotel was completely booked. A woman comes in and says she was there to check in. I look her name up..she was no where in my system. I asked her for a confirmation number, she proceeds to SKAREEEEM!! at me. This is the 11th time she had been here this summer, and we always mess up her reservations. She was "f" this and "f" that. She went ballistic.

I did a search back 4 months, she was nowhere in our system. I asked her if she was at the right hotel, and this sent her over the top. She dumped her bag out on the desk, she's going to find the confirmation printout she got off whatever website she booked from. Her stuff went everywhere. Her confirmation lands on my keyboard. As I read it, I got a huge grin on my face. She screams at me not to laugh at her, she'll have my job! I burst out laughing. Set the paper on the desk, asked her to read to me. She gathers her stuff, and storms out. She's going to make sure I get fired for laughing at her.

The confirmation she had was for the Ramada across town, and it was for the following weekend. I called the Ramada to warn them (I knew they were booked). She had already been there, she booked the wrong dates, and they couldn't accommodate her. Plus, she had tried the same tactic at two other hotels that she tried on me. I'm guessing she was from the school that teaches you that if you throw enough of a hissy fit, people will give you what you want just to get rid of you.

Good times!

I'm laughing too hard to think of a response. If one comes to me, I'll come back.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So, if I'm reading correctly, she knew she was at the wrong hotel...and she still tried to prove her reservation by showing you her confirmation email for the other hotel?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sadly, while amusing - this story doesn't shock me in the least.

I really think there's a special spot in heaven for those of us in the tourism industry.

In the interest of not thread-jacking, I'll let your imaginations conjure up the types of calls I get as an agent in a 24/7 travel call center.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          So, if I'm reading correctly, she knew she was at the wrong hotel...and she still tried to prove her reservation by showing you her confirmation email for the other hotel?
          She knew she was at the wrong hotel. I don't think she was going to show me anything, yet the confirmation for the Ramada just happened to fall on my keyboard during her tantrum. It all went wrong for her, I think.

People try all the time to say they had a reservation when they never did. Whether it's to scam a discount because "the hotel messed up", or because they didn't book anything on a busy weekend, then they can't find a room anywhere. Sad thing is, I have seen these "tantrums" work in other places, where these idiots will be given whatever they want just to quiet them down. Myself, well, you better have irrefutable proof that it was the hotel's fault. I'm not about to give someone's reservation to you just 'cause you're a loudmouth.

Quoth Peppergirl
          I really think there's a special spot in heaven for those of us in the tourism industry.
          There'd better be.

Comment

People are the same when they've booked cinema tickets for the wrong day or time. It must be your fault, your website doesn't work properly, I told the cashier I wanted this time, and so on.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
            X