Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrogatory Words, (controversial-ish)

I'm sure everyone has heard about the "N" word being "put down."

Some examples over the past months that remind me how stupid I think that was.

1.) The young African American teens who will constantly call the cashier or person filling the buffet: Cracker, Ni**a-ho, Wetback, Slack-Legs, or Split-skin.

2.) The white kids acting like the above example, and when we ask them to stop," You call'in cuz we black, ya'll!"

3.) The racist white supremists that come in on Sundays and Lunch hours to belittle the other patrons in a loud, snobbish voice.

4.) The hispanic folk who refuse to order in English... and then walk away talking about my puta.

5.) The variously aged mixed couples who assume we're going to cater to them for fear of the (race)-hate card.

I think its stupid to call names. I think its stupider when folks believe the government/police/race-action groups can covery everyone's mouth.

Most of that isn't a headache to me, but gah... it gets old.

Quoth unholypet View Post
    4.) The hispanic folk who refuse to order in English... and then walk away talking about my puta.
    They're not actually talking about your puta - they're calling you a puta. It means whore.

Lovely folk, aren't they?
    I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

What are "slack-legs" and "split-skin" in reference to?
      You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Quoth BrightEyedKitty View Post
        What are "slack-legs" and "split-skin" in reference to?
        yeah, thats a new one. Enlighten me!
        Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
          The white kids acting like the above example, and when we ask them to stop," You call'in cuz we black, ya'll!"
          *brandishes mirror at so called 'black kids' * "If you can point out anywhere in your reflection where you have black skin, I will gladly back down. Otherwise, get the hell out."
          Last edited by Imogene; 09-04-2007, 09:27 PM. Reason: Missed the end of the train.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I'm not sure what that would be either, but this would make a fine topic for Fratching.

Shutting it down.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X