Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

beans, potatoes, white trash SCs, and how to screw yourself up the ass!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beans, potatoes, white trash SCs, and how to screw yourself up the ass!

This was the longest weekend of my life.

Please Go Eat A Sack of Your Own Crap

Mullet Guy - MG
    Bitchy Girl - BG
    Girl Who Didn't Do Anything to Stop Her Stupid Friends - G
    Stupid Guy - SG
    Me: The one who was seeing red

Me: What would you like tonight?
    BG: I want the cinnamon breakfast, but with the meat on the side.
    Me: Okay, (insert various questions about eggs and such).
    G: I want the chicken club with french fries.
    MG: I want the burger - does it come with beans?
    Me: No, that only is avalible during lunch.
    MG: I want beans! Man!
    Me: Instead you could have a cup of soup or even fries, if that works.
    MG: Um, okay. I'll have the potato soup and the fries with it then.
    Me: Okay, and then how about for you? (turns to SG)
    SG: I want blahblah omlette, (various complicated order information)

They were fine...until their food arrived. And then, the picture perfect world of suckiness emerged:

BG: Where's my potatoes!
    Me: The breakfast you ordered doesn't come with potatoes.
    BG: Yes it does!
    Me: *goes to the counter and grabs a menu, flips to the page with her breakfast on it* You ordered the cinnamon breakfast, which only comes with 2 eggs, 2 pieces of cinnamon french toast, and then bacon and sausage.
    BG: I wanted that*points* one!
    Me: You specifically ordered the cinnamon breakfast by name.
    BG: *exaggerated sigh and gives me a glare*
    Me: Do you want me to put in some potatoes for you?
    BG: No, that's fine! *looks sullenly at her food*

I start to walk away, hearing no complaints from anyone else...and then...

MG: HEY! Where's my beans!?
    Me: (WTF) You ordered soup and fries instead of the beans.
    MG: I wanted beans!
    Me: I told you, we don't have them right now! I asked you if you wanted fries, and you said yes to me. Additionally, you had a bowl of the potato soup so as to replace the beans you wanted.
    MG: Well, I want those beans!
    Me: (progressively getting angrier by the minute) Now?
    MG: *looks at his greasy burger and huge bowl of soup with fries* ...Noooo...
    Me: Okay then.

I walk away again, as I am very busy with other tables. I check on them a couple of times and each time they tell me that everything is okay, the food is tasty, etc. And then, bombshell #3:

New Manager: Hey cloudiko, what is going on with table suchandsuch? They said they didn't get the fries that they wanted and something about beans?

Me: *explains exactly what happened in detail* They're just trying to scam the Pit for free meals. They were immediately trying to do things so as to make sure I would mess up their orders so that they could have their food comped. To prevent it, I read their orders back to them after I took them, and then checked the plates to make sure it couldn't happen. (side note: it's unfortunate, but people try this game all the time. They will ask for all these specifics in their food so as to mess the cooks up. And when the cooks screw up, (or I screw up when I put it in) the people usually get their food for free.)

New Manager: Okay...that makes sense. I'm not worried about it because I know you're really good about checking those things...plus you've been here long enough to know the menu pretty well.

By now, I am seeing red. There's something about people trying to lie and cheat the system that really, really bothers me. If there's a genuine problem, I'm more than willing to fix it. However, if you start making shit up to get your meal for free, I am going to remember your face and prevent you from getting decient service from anyone the next time you come in.

Anway, the whole lot of them at this table are supremely pissed that things aren't swinging their way. They tried to complain a couple of times about the food to New Manager (Each person seperately) but it was to no avail. My manager stood behind me 100% and made these SCs pay for every penny of their meal. (Even though they supposedly "didn't get anything they wanted" - but their plates were mostly empty.)

And it gets better! I guess because of their genuine unhappiness, they decided it would be appropriate to throw their leftovers all over outside the back wall of the restaurant! So classy!

Essentially, by tossing their food at the Pit, their complaints became null and void. I love it when a SC screws themselves!
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

What a bunch of asshats. Kudos to your manager for putting those SC's in check. I hope that your manager banned them or at least is considering in doing so.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
      What a bunch of asshats. Kudos to your manager for putting those SC's in check. I hope that your manager banned them or at least is considering in doing so.

He is definately considering a ban for that troop of idiots.

And yes, I am so happy that my manager decided to stick up for me! He's only been with the Pit for two months or so, but he's really big about advocating for the employees - even if that means wedging the stick farther up the SCs' asses. It's a refreshing change of pace to actually be in the right for once.
      check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Comment

Quoth cloudiko View Post
        And yes, I am so happy that my manager decided to stick up for me! He's only been with the Pit for two months or so, but he's really big about advocating for the employees - even if that means wedging the stick farther up the SCs' asses. It's a refreshing change of pace to actually be in the right for once.
        Woohoo! A manager with a spine! Quick, let's clone him!

Good job not letting those scammers get away with their nonsense. Nicely done!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That's for you AND your boss.

Rock on!
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Can't fool someone who dots their T's and crosses their I's ... errr, wait a minute ...

Good job at foiling their plans and giving them everything they wanted
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
            X