This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple short stories

I've had lots of the normal ones, "you don't sound enthusiastic", "can we pick up the pace"(it's kind of ironic when they hand you the reusable bags say "can we hurry it up"), people whining about their bags and the other ones that i ignore.

awhile ago I was talking to the people greeter and someone dinged, so obviously the greeter asked for their receipt, and out comes the race card

greeter1(white):can I see a receipt?
    SC:this is racist!
    greeter2(african-american):no it's not

and I don't remember the rest word for word but the customer was whining about how it was worse because she was in uniform and was insulting the greeter's age and the greeter didn't really have any responses

then yesterday a customer's food stamp card wouldn't scan, and i've been doing this for about a week and a half, so I didn't know if it was the card or if I was doing something wrong(it didn't help that I'd just done 3 hours worth of outdated CBLs telling me some BS about hitting food stamp modify and how to do things wrong), and I'd never had anyone tell me they had food stamps before, so i blinked my light for a supervisor to come over and informed him that I was new and didn't know what I needed to do, and he told me I didn't have to lie about it. I do have a couple pins displayed on my name badge from pushing carts, but I hide the ones that indicate anything other than I've been working there a month
Working...
X