Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times a day do you hear, "Those should be real; I just printed them myself!"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times a day do you hear, "Those should be real; I just printed them myself!"

How many times in a day, when high-denomination bills with a currency marker, does the customer say "Oh those should be real! I just printed them yesterday!" thinking s/he's so clever and the first person to come up with such a witty remark.

I only do the marker on 50s and 100s (I quickly look at the color-shifting ink on 10s and 20s). After this, I then look at the color-shifting ink and watermark. About 10% of the "I printed them myself customers" will get huffy thinking that I thought they were being serious. lol

Another classic: If an item doesn't ring up, 50% (90% if the customer is over age 60) of the time the customer will say, "Well I guess it's free then!"

Supermarkets should sell good jokebooks.

I hate that line. "Hyuck hyuck I made them this mornin'!"

And I can shoot lasers out of my eyes, see? See how I'm trying to blow up your head?
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

So many times, I actually feel homicidal rage bubbling up inside me and have to choke it down every time I hear that gem. -__-
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Next time they do, pick up the phone and when they ask you what you're doing, tell them you're informing whatever organisation that deals with fake currency that you've just had someone admit it.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          Next time they do, pick up the phone and when they ask you what you're doing, tell them you're informing whatever organisation that deals with fake currency that you've just had someone admit it.
          But then you have to have someone readily available with a camera, because just posting about the look on their face would be so much better with photos, or even better-videos!
          "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Hate that. I actually one time said "I'm sorry, I can no longer take this bill. Do you have an alternate form of payment?" They weren't happy.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Haha. Once, when someone said that, I actually acted like it was fake when I ran it under the blue light. Even got another server in on it too... For some reason, said customer thought that wasn't funny.

They were slightly angry as they left, but it was totally worth it.
              "Everyone in the world should have to wait tables for one year of their life so they can understand that your ranch dressing is NOT fucking important!" Daniel Tosh

Comment

I told someone once over the "must be free" comment that it was actually more expensive now because I had to work twice as hard just to ring it up. Shut 'em up fast.

Comment

When I worked retail, whenever I got that "clever" remark I would pick up the phone and pretend to talk to a manager saying I have someone trying to pass off fake bills, please call the police. The customer would then flip saying I was just kidding and I would look at them and say "I was too "

Comment

I've always penned the 10s and 20s as well as the higher denomination. Once I got a fake 20 (I swear, it looked just like a real one!) which I handed back to the gent and told him to return to the bank he'd gotten it from.

I've only gotten the "I just made them!" comment a couple times in my years of working.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth dbblsanta View Post
                      Another classic: If an item doesn't ring up, 50% (90% if the customer is over age 60) of the time the customer will say, "Well I guess it's free then!"
                      Don't you wish we could do what Marla did?
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I just tell the "I just made it" customers to make me some next time because I don't make enough working here, and we laugh it off.

As for the "it must be free customers," I tell them that we have this exciting new contest in which they get it for free if they can out run the cops. Smile, you're on candid camera!
                        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Thankfully, not at all now.

At the gas station and Goodwill, however...very often.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I loathe this one.

One time I was particuliarly busy at the till and an elderly customer pulled the old "I just made that one this morning!" joke. He laughed like he was the wittiest creature in the universe...and so I turned to him and simply said in an obviously fake sounding state of amusement, "HA HA."

He shut up right away.
                            The look on his face was absolutely awesome.
                            check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Comment

Oh I love when people do the whole "I printed them myself" bit. I'll go to the Treasury web page showing all the security features and I'll check each and every bill for each and every security feature. I'll even get the boss to come in and double check.

I had one customer complain to customer support once when I did that. The CSR came over and asked me what was the problem. I explained that I had an admission of counterfitting and so I checked the bills to make certain if the customer was joking or joking to cover the fact that he was really passing fake bills. Considering that it was $1,800 in computer hardware and accessories, I felt that it was a good idea.

CSR agreed with me, explained to the customer that people often make that joke when passing fakes and that I was just following corporate policy. Customer stormed out muttering how he'll never come here again. I should have gotten it in writting as he came back to buy a laptop for his kid a week later...paid cash again without wisecracking this time. Then the CSR and the manager came over to me after looking at the security tapes and I was told to call for him (the manager) next time so he could double check my work...and not missout on the fun.

I liked my manager.

Keep your mouth shut and I just swipe the pen. Get cute and I make damn sure that the bills are real.
                              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                              X