Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't the public know how to flush a toilet???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't the public know how to flush a toilet???

One of the things I do at Sam's Club is clean the bathrooms as part of my duties as a maintenance worker. & at least once a day when I peak into the stalls to see what horrors await me, I find that someone left an unflushed bowl! How hard is it to flush a toilet?
    I get people who say that the toilet is broke cause it doesn't flush itself but when I tell them that all they have to do is just push the button located above the sensor then they look at me like I'm nuts.
    When I clean the bathrooms I put my cleaning cart in the door so people know that the bathroom is being cleaned & that they'll have to wait a few minutes until I'm done. I tell them to go use the bathroom by the tire center but they say.."Oh it's too far to get to!" I would love to say .."then go take a dump outside near a tree if you gotta go that bad" but I can't say that...lol.
    More than once I've had people move my cart & tell me that "I gotta go & I don't care if you're in here or not!"

I would have to say no.

Last time I went to a store a lady walked out of a stall without flushing and someone announced loudly that she was glad she knew how to flush the toilet. The other lady looked at her blankey, "You mean it doesn't flush by itself?"

Comment

Doesn't the public know how to flush a toilet???
      No.

I drove to Pennsylvania and back yesterday and I stopped a few times to go to the bathroom, and in at least 2 rest stops they seem to have turned off the sensors. They had signs (on bright pink paper, no less) above the sensors that said "please press button to flush" and they didn't flush by themselves. I started to go into one stall and it hadn't been flushed, so I went to another (both had the same sign). Lo and behold, when I pressed the button when I was done, it flushed!

OT, they had those sensor paper towel dispensers and one of them gave out about 5 inches of towel. You can't dry your hands with that!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I personally think the reason they don't flush is that they know someone's gonna come along and clean it.

Comment

The bathrooms at my work always have at
          least one horror at the end of the day. I seriously wonder if it's the same lady who does it day after day, but I'm lucky, the managers clean the bathrooms at my work.

Comment

Quoth GloboRojo View Post
            I seriously wonder if it's the same lady who does it day after day, but I'm lucky, the managers clean the bathrooms at my work.

Wha...??

Er,,,what????

Management.cleaning.bathrooms?

<does not compute. does not compute. abort. abort>

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              Wha...??

Er,,,what????

Management.cleaning.bathrooms?

<does not compute. does not compute. abort. abort>

I think you broked her ....

::tries hitting CTRL+ALT+DELETE::
              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                I personally think the reason they don't flush is that they know someone's gonna come along and clean it.
                You hit the nail on the head. No matter if I'm using the public bathroom at work or out at the store, I'll always run into the stalls that somebody didn't flush their toilet. It just drives me up the wall!!! Besides the fact that it's rude, but it's disgusting!!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                  . It just drives me up the wall!!! Besides the fact that it's rude, but it's disgusting!!

Not to mention unsanitary. Ewwwww.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I've been tempted to create a "Class posting" type of poster to put up in the men's rooms at my college entitled "Flushing 101" and explain the intricacies of flushing the toilets and urinals.

I just don't grok that at all.

On the topic of self-flushing toilets, I was once at a roadside food/gas/rest area and was in the men's room, sitting and doing my business when I hear someone come in, and use the urinal. One of them, who sounded like the a-typical corn-fed farm boy was like, "Will ya lookit that?? It flushes all by itself!" and proceeded to start making them flush one after another, gaffawing all the while.

My thought was "Bubba needs to get off the farm a bit more often..."

Anyway, I finished up and proceed to the sink to wash and they were both still in there, drying their hands, and my mental image was exactly on target. BIG (not fat, but just large) boys, wearing coveralls and work-boots, looking like they just came off the back 40.

Some people are surprised by technology, and some people seem to expect it everywhere.

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I swear to all that is holy that if I find the nasty pigs at work who don't flush the toilet, I'm going to dunk their head in their mess and flush.

However, the cleaning lady told me which bathroom in the building is the cleanest, so I try to go in that one. She told me which one to go to when she saw me trying to avoid the bathroom that the thing that wears a whole bottle of perfume at a time uses.

I'm just glad that I have never ran into the woman they call ShitFeet, just hearing the story of her made me want to hurl.

I know you will want to know the story, but first, make sure you are not eating anything or just ate.

~~~~wait~~~~
                      ~~~~wait~~~~

Okay, so before we moved into the new building, our offices were in what we call "The Tower" where I worked security and later worked in collections in that building.

So, ShitFeet is a large woman, I mean large, which I don't know if that had any bearing on what happened or not, since I don't know her.

Anyway, one day people notice shit tracking from the call floor to the ladies room and back. It seems the lady had an accident and trailed it all over the place by walking in it. The bathroom look like a shit bomb went off in it.

This however, did not upset her in the least, because she went back to her desk to work after trailing it all over the place.

She along with everyone else was sent home, so the cleaning could be done. Her chair was thrown away, because it was COVERED in crap.

She wasn't fired for that, because I guess higher ups thought it just might have really been an accident.

So, our office is moved to our new building, where she did a repeat performance of what she did in the tower, along with tracking it all over and her chair being covered in it. Again, everyone is sent home, the chair thrown away, etc.

The part that blew my friggen mind is she STILL works there!!
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

How much do you want to bet that their home bathrooms are spotless and they ALWAYS flush at home?

Either that or they are like my mother, who thinks you save water by not flushing. One of the many reasons I am so glad I moved out. I no longer walk into the bathroom with the mellow yellow issue going on anymore.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Is your subject line a trick question?

Comment

I cleaned washrooms at the store I work at for over two years. The vast majority of the problems were in the womens' washroom. I went in once an hour or every couple of hours, and there was ALWAYS paper towels on the floor or in the sink. And most of the time the toilets were not flushed. And on a couple occasions, there were used tampons in the toilet, even though there is a box to put them next to the toilet! (highlight to read, if you really dare) Frequently female customers will actually come to us to tell us the toilets are out of order, but they never are. I eventually just started ignoring them, because every single time I went in it was just an unflushed toilet that just needed to be flushed. Our toilets are manual.

We have rarely ever had any problems with the mens' washroom. Frequently I would not have to do any work on it other than occasionally refilling the paper towels.

A couple side notes - I had a sign that said "Washroom closed for cleaning", but a lot of women ignored it, claiming they didn't even see the sign. For awhile I resorted to blocking the door with four high-chairs. Another side-note is that we have automatic paper towel dispensers, and I actually set them up so that the dispenser in the mens' room gives out more than in the ladies' room. Before I made the change I was changing the ladies' paper towels a lot more often.

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                              On the topic of self-flushing toilets, I was once at a roadside food/gas/rest area and was in the men's room, sitting and doing my business when I hear someone come in, and use the urinal. One of them, who sounded like the a-typical corn-fed farm boy was like, "Will ya lookit that?? It flushes all by itself!" and proceeded to start making them flush one after another, gaffawing all the while.

My thought was "Bubba needs to get off the farm a bit more often..."
                              i've never seen a self-flushing toilet - i'd be in awe too!

Does that make me such a bad person?
                              I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
                              another time, this world would fade away
                              To find true love, is like no other joy,
                              our choice is here
                              be happy for today

Comment

Working...
                              X