This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kosher hot dogs

People ask if hot dogs are kosher because they think kosher hot dogs are only made from desirable parts of the animal.

That is not true. Kosher beef is kosher because of the manner in which the cow was killed.

A kosher hot dog might be made up of the cow's lips and butt hole just the same as any other hot dog. The only difference is that the cow was blessed by a rabbi before it died and it died by having it's throat cut.

Comment

I think people think that since kosher dogs are generally all-beef and cost more, that they're not made with the same slaughterhouse floor scrapings that regular hotdogs are.
      "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Quoth walking with scissors View Post
        I think people think that since kosher dogs are generally all-beef and cost more, that they're not made with the same slaughterhouse floor scrapings that regular hotdogs are.
        .....well, damn. I'm going to have to send my Kosher dogs to a lab, then.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Well, the kosher is always good for someone who has an allergy to chicken. ...>_>
          "You're not gone five minutes, Agent Scully, and I'm already starting to feel like a stranger in my own office-"
          -Agent Doggett

Comment

Oooooooooooh, I'll have to try the ham sandwich line.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Oooooooooooh, I'll have to try the ham sandwich line.
              Just be careful that the SC doesn't get pig-headed.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

The only way to be sure that a hot dog doesn't have by-products is to check. In the US, at least, they're legally obligated to list byproducts in the ingredients -- check for "meat by-products" or "variety meats". Two sources:

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/0...y_are_they.htm

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/fact_sheets/hot_dogs/index.asp

Comment

Working...
                X