This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a full refund

Me: Thanks for calling us, this is Dave, how may I help you?

Guest: Yea I thought I was getting a five star property and I went online and it looked at it, and it's only four star

Me: Ok did you want me to check for a five star property to move you to?

Guest: No, I want my money back

Me: Ok I will cancel that for you and give you a full refund

Guest: No, I dont want to cancel. I just want a refund.

Me: Well I cant give you a refund and not cancel your reservation

Guest: But you lied to me and said the place was a five star and it's only four

Me: and I apologize for the misunderstanding but I have offered you a five star

Guest: and I told you I dont want it now. I want my money back and I dont want to cancel

Me: I cant issue a refund and still let you keep the reservation

Guest: I wanna speak to your manager

My manager picks up

Manager: sir, I cant let you stay for free...........I understand that, sir, but....
    No sir, I am not calling you a liar.......I can't do that sir........you can talk to my boss if you wish.....no sir, he is gone for the evening.........no, I can't call him at home.......I can't give you his phone number......well sir, you'll have to wait until tommorow.........I dont think the police are going to go to his house for something like this.......I am not calling you a whiner sir..........I'm sorry you feel that way.......well sir, I have tried to help you...........yes sir, I do think you're being unreasonable actually......have a nice day (I hear him scream "up yours") and she politely says again, have a nice day

And I'm betting that while he's on vacation, he goes to restaurants, acts the SC, eats all his food and then complains that it was all terrible and demands a refund and a coupon for a freebie. What an ass.

P.S. Your manager is awesome.
    "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I hate your job more then mine. And mine gives me nightmares.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

So, he wanted his money refunded but still be able to stay there because of one star?

Isn't it possible that some reviews would give the establishment 4 while others would give it 5?

I mean why demand 5 star service when you're a first class asshole?
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
          why demand 5 star service when you're a first class asshole?
          Ah, what a brilliant line. Just sayin'
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Y'know..

I *GET* it..

"Squeeky wheel gets the grease" and all.. "No-one will help you until you scream, bitch and threaten them"... Been there.. But how in the flying workd do these people figure they are due complete compensation and that the POLICE would be interested in the SLIGHTEST about a business misunderstanding?!?!?

These are the people who commit ASSAULT and want the police involved because a clerk won't break the rules for them...

Comment

So. Customers decide the star rating now? Huh. Bet that doesn't lead to trouble.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                I mean why demand 5 star service when you're a first class asshole?
                That's brilliant! I think that you should add that line to your signature!
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Judging by the shear volume of posts from you in the last week or so I'd say your screen name must be correct.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    So. Customers decide the star rating now? Huh. Bet that doesn't lead to trouble.
                    actually for a lot of companies the customers do decide the star rating... IHG doesn't assign star ratings for their hotels... if anyone asked we were to tell people what user reviews were averaging.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

yes sir, I do think you're being unreasonable actually
                      Pure awesomeness.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X