This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today....wins. (long but worth it)

I don't even know what to say...there were FORTY-NINE case notes in this woman's file....I'm just going to sum it up for you below

The first note starts off with "If anyone calls and claims they are (insert guest's name), please have them verify the password: fifty/fifty" (can you already tell how much FUN this woman was?!?!?!?)

It goes on to read that the FEMALE guest who is contacting us, booked an advanced purchase reservation for a hotel in FL. She is requesting to cancel because HIS alheizmers just took a turn for the worst and now HE is out of his mind and can not travel.

The hotel responds and says "wait, i thought this was a female? no we will not refund the advanced purchase rate"

Guest calls back and says that she is the caretaker and executor to her boss' estate and due to his state f mind, he can not make it. She also states that she has a stalker who follows her wherever she goes and wherever she stays...that's why we need to verify the password before divulging any information.

Hotel responds and says "wait...the password she gave you does not match the password she gave us...how do we know this is the same person? how do we know it's not this stalker person? anyways...the advanced purchase rate reservation remains"

We tell the guest and get her to agree with a date change...which we do. The hotel, meanwhile, is updating us all the time about her calling the hotel and harrassing them...yelling at clerks if they did not verify the password and calling over and over again. In one of the notes, the general manager explains that she just spoke with the guest and they have arranged it so that no one else is to check in except for her and the code word was changed to fifty/fifty over there as well.

Ok...so everything is ok so far except of course, that we're dealing with an insane woman...

Suddenly, date of arrival, the guest starts bombarding our office and saying the hotel will not let her son check in and stating how she arranged with the G.M. to have it be ok as long as she faxed over her signature and credit card. Now, her son's at the hotel and they won't let him check in unless she is there but she's only an hour behind and blah blah blah

We call the hotel...the G.M. says no one has tried to check in under her reservation but, even if they did, she would not allow them to due to the specific instructions given by the guest.

The guest flips out and, according to the notes, is crying and saying that she wants to cancel BOTH advanced purchase rates at this hotel (apparently there was one in September as well) because all the stress of this has made her sick. She stated that it's her son's trip and he's alone and 6 states away and bla bla blah....our agents arrange an alternate location for the son...the hotel cancels both reservations and CREDITS BACK HER CARD for the amount debited....even going as far as putting the credit on a different card number since the one used to hold the reservations was cancelled....all is well again

No. All is not well.

She contacts our office again and is now demanding 75,000 Priority Club points due to....the stress of the situation. She claims her son got into a fender bender going to the alternate hotel and they did not have insurance for the rental car. She was also requesting we cover the cost of the accident since, of course, it was all the HOTEL'S fault.

The hotel is like...really? REALLY?!?!?!? We just refunded her over $1,300.00 which we did NOT have to do and she wants more? NO.

Of course, our office also says no so she escalates to me.

I tell her no, I told her the hotel was upholding the VERY specific reservation requests she provided the hotel with and they credited her back TWO advanced purchase rate reservations which are non-refundable.

It escalated.

What...the....hell.

Someone forgot her medication it seems.

<snip>the guest starts bombarding our office and saying the hotel will not let her son check in<snip>

<snip>We call the hotel...the G.M. says no one has tried to check in under her reservation<snip>
    Oddly enough, this happened to me too. This family comes in and sits down on the couch in my lobby. I'm minding my own business, thinking they're waiting for a friend of their's staying at the hotel to come down and see them. I get a phone call.

Guy on the other line says I wouldn't let his friends check into the hotel because, supposedly, the hotel room was paid his HIS credit card but under his friends' names.

I'm confused to hell and back because at this point I hadn't seen anyone for well over an hour and the last guy I checked in was a breeze. I check the reservation and, sure enough, it's at my hotel and through a third party (hotwire.com, damn them to hell!) so I have no idea who paid for the room since we charge Third Party reservations to a ghost card. This card, technically, doesn't exist.

So while I'm on the phone with the guy, I ask the guests waiting in the lobby if they were the Browns. (not their real name, but it was long enough ago I have since forgotten it) They said yes and I told the guy that they never tried to check in and basically chewed the idiots out for assuming they couldn't check in without their friend actually there.

No complaints were called in, but at that point I didn't care.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I used to work for an internet company, at the time one of the biggest in America. Well one time we had a situation where a crazy stalker lady kept calling us, trying to get the password to her ex-boyfriend's email. At first, people were just giving it out or changing it without confirming the security password. Well this led to some major grievance by the boyfriend who, rightfully, got in touch with our higher ups. Soon after we had an ultra-secure procedure put in place to prevent any further password changes being made; anyone who changed it without permission was fired. Over the next several days, stalker lady would call us about every 10 minutes to obtain the password, but by now everyone knew about her little gig so she attempts proved fruitless. But like a true stalker, she never gave up.

Until three days later when she got this girl Charlene who changed it for her. Despite knowing that she'd be fired, despite all the notes plastered over the account to contact a supervisor, this little idiot went ahead and changed it. Within an hour she was walked off the floor to the astonished gasps of everyone watching. I dunno if she wanted to get fired, or if she really just was that dumb, but sheesh what a stupid way to have it happen to you.
      Last edited by dithers66; 07-30-2008, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Damn, just hang up next time and triple charge her. That'll make her shut up in the future.

Comment

Wow. I mean...just...WOW. To the OP and to the Internet company story poster...

That's insane.

At first, when I read that she was upset that her son wasn't allowed being checked in, she was trying to trick the hotel to see if they'd proceed without checking the password.

Someone needs a straight jacket.
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
          X