X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no we do not want to date you...

My poor co-worker.

We all have our own "phone voice". Our phone persona that we put out there when we answer the phone.
    I have 5 co-workers and we all are different
    K- sounds like someone who has had threatening phone calls from her boy friends ex's over the last three months, 2 of them are going to court over it.
    J- sounds like a flirty yet professional male.
    CC- sounds like a cheerful granny
    C- sounds like the ultimate in professional service.

I apparently sound like i would look forward to dissect you to find out what is is malfunctioning with your brain since 99% of our callers have no idea where they are calling or WHY or are purposely not following directions (aka don't call the store if you have a problem call the 1800 for the technical group or the printer, they are the place that can fix the issue not us.)

poor D
    she has the sexy blonde bomb shell voice.

tonight she got asked out or propositioned 3 times.
    (I worry about the one's that ask me out, I am told my phone voice is scary)
    I jokingly told our favorite grumpy manager about the issue.
    He told me to tell the customers she wasn't interested but he was
    he made our night.

My phone voice makes me sound like I'm 6 years old.

I still get asked out on the phone.

You can take a shower now.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My phone voice (IMO) makes me sound like I'm 17....
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        My phone voice makes me sound like I'm 6 years old. I still get asked out on the phone. You can take a shower now.
        When I hear an adult women with a young voice, I immediately think of Kathy Ireland. And, yes, with that nice thought, I think I will take that shower.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

My phone voice depends on my mood. If it's good...

Vinnie Barbarino..

If it's bad...

Sauron.

Comment

I've been told I sound like a phone sex operator.

Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've been told I should *be* a phone sex operator.

Which I've always found funny, because I apparently have a sexy voice but an evil face

Clearly, I'm destined to burn the world.... sexy-like.

I guess most of the women I talk to on the phone, professionally that is, are less likely to hit on some random voice on the other end of the line. I don't think I ever had any propositions while I was working... well, maybe one, but it was subtle and I am not.

I used to get a *lot* when I was still playing WoW, though. That was always funny.
              "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

I'm told my phone voice sounds like Agent Smith, complete with that undercurrent of contempt. Me, I think that's just a result of 10 years on the phones.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

I have too, by my then bosses' wife it's a good thing me and her became buddies
                  I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

I also sound like a phone sex operator, if there's a phone sex operation that exclusively employs operators with resonant, nasally voices.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think I sound like the sterotypical operator from the movies in the 1950's, at least that is what I sounded like to me when I answered phones for a repo company
                      http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                        When I hear an adult women with a young voice, I immediately think of Kathy Ireland. And, yes, with that nice thought, I think I will take that shower.
                        My first exposure to this particular phenomenon was classic - an MST3K. First I was "Is that Kathy Ireland?" And then I thought they had purposely overdubbed her for giggles. Odd.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Quoth Arm View Post
                          I've been told I should *be* a phone sex operator
                          I've been told by friends that I have an $8.99/minute voice on the phone, the guy that met me in person said it was more like $10.99. But they were years apart, maybe it was inflation. Or maybe they have different subscriptions... who knows

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          I also sound like a phone sex operator, if there's a phone sex operation that exclusively employs operators with resonant, nasally voices.
                          Brooklyn? Are you the next Fran(k) Dresher?
                          "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            i'm sure theres a market for that somewhere

Comment

I can't find the posts, but there's a bunch of us here that just love Gravekeeper's voice!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X