This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen Voldemart

I got a bit of suck and a bit of praise, here -- same store.

First, the suck:

I have one of their pre-pay & refill debit cards. I went in a couple days ago to put what little cash on it that I had on hand so that an online bill payment that is due to hit over the weekend would succeed. Handed over my cash, got the receipt, all fine and dandy. Fast forward to today, and I find that my card has been declined a couple times on minor purchases.

I check their site, and lo and behold, no deposit showing. I spend an hour looking for the receipt (and cleaning out a desk drawer, so I did *something useful*), before I thought to check in my wallet...>_< Found receipt, noted that it said both "Funds have been added to your account" and "Transaction cancelled." Huh.

Now, the praise:

Went over to Custy Service and spoke with a manager, photocopy of my receipt in hand. Explained to her what happened (her eye went wide when I explained it all), handed over the copy, asked that she check the security footage. Five minutes later, I had my cash back. No fuss, no muss.

Had to put it back on the card anyway -- this time it went fine -- because of said bill. Checked online, and I was able to verify the deposit. Yay!
    Last edited by EricKei; 04-08-2016, 07:17 AM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Good gravy. Kinda makes you wonder if the initial employee flubbed and then was over on their drawer and baffled by it, or if they just pocketed your money. Eeek!
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Given that the original transaction was "Cancelled," I suspect the latter. I don't recall actually seeing her put the money in the drawer.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

If they actually checked the security footage and then handed your money back without a word? That would seem to imply the more nefarious explanation...

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I figured it would be best to leave any internal consequences up to them. After all, security footage is a useful thing (the deposit took place in their "money center" sub-area, not at a normal register -- if any part of the store has plenty of real, working cameras, it's there)...

Comment

Real genius thief there. gee I am working in a money central section of the store lets pocket money. Because, you know, why would the store monitor money central hub with cameras? Yeah. That is like dumb 101. Glad there was no fuss with getting your money back.

Comment

Working...
            X