This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code fun

Lol another thread reminds me of this, its short and funny.
    this happens about.... 50 times a day, per person.

Me-
    SC- stupid customer

Me- Thank you calling Blah. This is ME. May i have your zip pr postal code please?
    SC-....
    Me-....
    SC- What?
    Me- *repeats everything or says* May i have your zip or postal code please?
    SC- Whaaa?
    Me- May i please have your zip or postal code?
    SC- My what?
    Me- You Zip or Postal code please?
    SC-.. ZIP code?
    Me- Yes.

its only the americans, it amuses me.

Most Americans are never exposed to the idea of a Postal Code. We just have the ZIP Code, and saying them together like that is what confuses people. Now, if you reversed it and said Postal or ZIP Code, you'd have a lot less confusion. The same for if you said "ZIP Code or Postal Code" instead of the shortened version.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

see the thing is this is one of those things im suppose to read word for word
      and it amuses me

Comment

When our customers call in and don't have an order number or are wanting to place an order, we search by last name and billing zip code. Some responses I've gotten when asked for the billing zip code:

-entire address
        -entire shipping address (doesn't help at all)
        -area code
        -phone number (usually without area code)
        -item number of whatever item they want to order/exchange/return

People just don't listen

Comment

We ask for postal codes at my work. It's amazing (well, not really...) how many people give their phone numbers.

Comment

I've never had a problem when being asked for a "postal code" instead of zip code... It's not THAT hard to figure out...

Comment

ask for the area code of their phone number, they will give you their zip code.
              I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

what amuses me more is when they give me their area codes, or birthdays or just read off three or 2 numbers and stop.
                Its almost as amusing as
                Me- and will this be a credit or a debit card?
                SC- credit or debit (or the fun, oh its a debit card but its also a credit card {just tell me how you want me to run it lady please})
                Me- ok and that number is
                SC- xxx-xxx-xxxx
                Me- xxx-xxx-xxxx?
                SC- yep
                Me- xxx-xxx-xxxx?
                SC- yes
                Me- im sorry but a credit card number has more than 10 digits unfortantly if you are unable read me the last 6 digits i am unable to complete your order
                SC- oh you wanted my credit number? thats my phone number.

Comment

Working...
                X