Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my sups was in an uproar about people in general on a bad day and stated "These people just don't get it! We have all their personal info, where they live, their SSN, their banking info, and they INSULT us! How dumb..." Not that any of our honest employees would do anything, but it's tempting some days.

On the same subject, one classic story of a lady two months ago is still being told to new trainees... she kept calling in and screaming at and insulting every single person she could get ahold of to get her electric reconnected NOWNOWNOW and not "when we can get to you, in the order the reconnection orders are placed". So finally, the manager of the field collectors got pissed off enough and personally went in and moved her order to the very last of the day. Now, that's something that's very hard to get people to do, as we're not even supposed to KNOW there's a "list" or that they can even manipulate it like that. At least, the customers can't know.. we shouldn't either but we do.
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
      On the same subject, one classic story of a lady two months ago is still being told to new trainees... she kept calling in and screaming at and insulting every single person she could get ahold of to get her electric reconnected NOWNOWNOW and not "when we can get to you, in the order the reconnection orders are placed". So finally, the manager of the field collectors got pissed off enough and personally went in and moved her order to the very last of the day. Now, that's something that's very hard to get people to do, as we're not even supposed to KNOW there's a "list" or that they can even manipulate it like that. At least, the customers can't know.. we shouldn't either but we do.

I firmly believe that there are some customers who deserve to be fired! Seriously, people like this have GOT to cost a company money in the long run, right?

Your manager was awesome, but the vast majority of managers that I know will shamelessly kiss the posterior regions of asshats like this. The louder they cry, the more butt the managers kiss. Ugh.

Probably explains why my short stint in management didn't go so well, eh?
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
        It IS magic, and don't let anyone tell you different!
        Remember kids, magic is any observable scientific process that is significantly above the knowledge of the observer. This is evidenced by the number of people I deal with that think computers are run by little blue pixies and irratable leprechauns.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
          It IS magic, and don't let anyone tell you different!
          Well, with my Tempo, just getting that heap *moving* was magic
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Well, with my Tempo, just getting that heap *moving* was magic
            Did you ever get the dreaded "clanking" crank pulley?
            I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              "Sir/Ma'am/DiseasedRabidWeasel, I'm not likely to be working on your car, as such, it would make it much faster if you would only give us the car key, so we don't have to play F*cking Guess Who for Keys."
              I have all my keys on seperate keyrings, which in turn are attached to one of those springy clips, for this every reason.

Mechanic needs my car key? Just slide it off my clip.
              Housesitter needs my house key? Just slide it off my clip.
              Husband forgot his car keys and needs to use mine? (Not likely.) Just slide it off my clip.
              Need a pen knife to cut something? Just slide it off my clip.

No muss. No fuss. I love my clip!
              A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Remember kids, magic is any observable scientific process that is significantly above the knowledge of the observer. This is evidenced by the number of people I deal with that think computers are run by little blue pixies and irratable leprechauns.
                I thought the magic was the blue smoke that was inside that box thats under my desk.

(JK I know how computers work. In fact I prefer them over typewriters for recreating the works of The Bard. )
                I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth TrainedChimp View Post
                  I thought the magic was the blue smoke that was inside that box thats under my desk.
                  The blue smoke are the tiny, tiny computer pixies escaping.I thought everyone knew that.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Why would he give you his house keys? So you can personally deliver the car when he's not home? :\
                    See!! Now THAT would have been good customer service. Leave the key for the car in the car and the key for the house in the house and then make SURE to lock up (car and house). Wouldn't want anybody stealing anything. then you tell him about your great customer service.

Customer service rep:
                    "Well, sir, we delivered your car to your house about 20 minutes ago. We thought you would appreciate our home delivery services."
                    SC: " where the f*@% are my keys?"
                    CSR:" We made sure they were left there for you when you get home.
                    SC: So how the F!#$ am I supposed to get home?
                    CSR: We do have a bus token for you or you may be able to borrow the old beater bicycle we have in back. Heck, you could probably keep the bike. We were going throw it out anyway.

( the bike is missing one pedal and has no rubber grips or tape on the grips. The handlebars are off kilter and the tires are so bare that in some places the holes have been repaired with duct tape around the tire and rim AND everything is about as rusty as a ten year old nail left out in the weather i.e. the bike frame looks like swiss cheese)
                    -----------

The blue smoke are the tiny, tiny computer pixies escaping.I thought everyone knew that.
                    C'mon everybody knows they're not pixies. It's a Blue smoke genie and it's hell to try and get him back into his bottle.
                    Last edited by Brightglaive; 09-13-2007, 11:54 AM.
                    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
                      It's a Blue smoke genie and it's hell to try and get him back into his bottle.
                      Robin Williams ruined it for all those genie owners out there who had their djinn trained. Now, all they want is to spend more time out of their respective lamps.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                      X