This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make up your freakin' mind already!!

Had a customer on the weekend who ordered a shower stall and a special door to go with it.
    The order was placed, but then too late to cancel for the delivery, he came in and cancelled that order and decided to take a different style.

We went to load up the different shower and the door for that unit on Monday evening, only to discover the shower had a huge crack in the wall.
    We didn't have any more of that style on hand, so we said we could deliver the rest of the unit, but would order a new one in and replace the broken piece for him, so he could get a headstart on his bathroom. He went ahead and paid for everything.

Because the special door he ordered didn't fit any other unit, I decided to be efficient and I wrote up a return to warehouse claim so the guys didn't have to bother to unload it from the truck on Tuesday morning.
    We decided to keep the original shower unit that he ordered, as we would probably sell it, but the door was a special one that we only sell once in a while, so they're too expensive to keep around.

In the meantime, the guy came back in as we were doing the truck, and I was told he changed his mind about the second shower and he did want the original unit after all. (Good thing we hadn't sent it back too.)
    I set up a reserve for him.

About 20 minutes later, the clerk came back and said to cancel that reserve as he wasn't taking it now. In fact, he was cancelling the whole order.
    He came in yesterday and we did a refund on everything.

Today, the guy comes back in and decides he did want that original unit after all, and the door which was now on its way back to the warehouse. GAAHHH!!!

(My guess he was going to our competition thinking he could get a better deal and a better rate on the delivery and he found out we are pretty darn competitively priced and they charge a small fortune for their delivery.)

So, I had to place another order for the door and he has to wait another week for it, and I had to cancel the order for the replacement unit as well.

I'm almost afraid to send the order in, just in case he changes his mind again.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Jeez, that's crazy!

That, my comrades, is what I call a yoyo. Literally.
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

I thought only women were that indecisive!

...*ducks*
      "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Hurts, doesn't it?

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
        I'm almost afraid to send the order in, just in case he changes his mind again.
        It's times like this when you start a 15% restocking fee on special order items that need to be returned. Just a suggestion.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
          So, I had to place another order for the door and he has to wait another week for it.......

And he didn't whine about having to wait "so long"?

"A weeeek? I have to wait a weeeek? Why is it going to take so looooonnnnggg? It was just here yesterdaaaayyy!! Can't the truck turn arooouuunnnnd? Can't you send somebody to intercept the truck and get the door and bring it baaaack?"

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Spiffy is right. A minimum restocking fee, an additional delivery fee, and guaranteed minimum payment, even if they change their mind. No cancelling special orders without fees due. It's ridiculous for a company to eat these costs over indecisive customers. I'm sick of the prices of things going up because of theft and idiots like these.

</rant>
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth aspira View Post
              I thought only women were that indecisive!

...*ducks*
              I'm not that indecisive and I'm a woman and a Libra!
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X