This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, you do speak....

I had a woman throw a fit because I was ignoring her a couple of days ago. Yes, I did ignore her. She thought that she could just whistle to get my attention. I stared right at her, and didn't say a word.

"Are you going to come here and answer me!" she finally shouted.

"No, but I'm impressed to see that you do speak."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm not a dog, and you're not a tea kettle. Speak if you want my attention, don't whistle. It's a concept called manners."

"Well, are you going to come here and help me."

"No, you can walk up to the counter if you want to ask me a question, though. I might give you a helpful answer if you want to come here."

"Forget it." She storms out the door.

Yeah, like you're departure hurts my feelings. Suits me just fine. I still get paid for my time.

The funny part is that the manager was also standing behind the counter counting cigarettes. She was aware, but felt I had the situation under control. We have a running joke about who has the "worst" attitude toward sucky customers.

I take great pride in my attitude. It's only a problem to those who think they can push me. Everyone else seems to find it funny when I push back against the SC types. I figure the worst they can do is complain, and management really doesn't care about that.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

She was seriously whistling to get your attention?

Good God...I'd have gotten arrested.

What was next, snapping and patting her lap and saying 'here boy!'??

My faith in humanity is just GONE.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
      I take great pride in my attitude.
      <snip>
      I figure the worst they can do is complain, and management really doesn't care about that.
      Alright, Randall...
      and
      where the hell do you work that it's okay to push back? I wanna work there.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

It's a convenience store in eastern Tennessee, and I'm sure that it's only by the grace of the store manager that I'm allowed to get by with some of my antics to retaliate. She tends to overlook a lot of things when she also wants to bitchslap some of the same people for getting on her nerves. It's really quite funny sometimes.

Like she said before, good help is hard to find. I don't steal, I never call in sick, I don't complain about my schedule, and I don't complain about what the others do or don't do. A bad customer will be turned away by a good clerk before a good clerk will be turned away because of a bad customer.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

A bad customer will be turned away by a good clerk before a good clerk will be turned away because of a bad customer.
          Sweet. However... Tennessee? Not big on my list of places to live... no offense.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

LOL! Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Different strokes for different folks.
              ...? Hey! I had a stroke! That's not funny.

But I'm too apathetic to care otherwise.
              If I could remember the whole sketch, I'd quote an old movie that used Different Strokes as a joke...
              Ah... "I've lost the feeling in my arm.
              All of a sudden, I can't see anything."
              Thank you, IMDB.
              Xtreem cookies for anyone who catches that.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmm...I just might have to move to eastern TN.

Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  What was next, snapping and patting her lap and saying 'here boy!'??
                  That conjured up an interesting mental image.

Rapscallion

Comment

"Forget it." She storms out the door.
                    No, actually, sweetcheeks, forget you, you worthless sack of shite.

I wish the worst kinds of mishaps and misfortunes on customers who whistle or snap their fingers to get my attention.

You want to leave all in a huff? All angry because I stood up for myself? Good, you go ahead and storm out the frickin' door, don't let the door hit you on your ugly, trailer-wide, diseased ass on the way out!
                    Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
                    mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I like that!!!!!!

Comment

Absolutely great story! I love when it's proven to people that lack of manners get them nowhere!

Comment

Oddly enough how that hasn't happened to me yet, what with the leather collar I got from PetCo around my neck. ^_^

..and I always thought "different strokes for different folks" was a golf reference. Curse you, Dorf!
                          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I have had people whistler to get my attention. I knew they were their. I just ignored them, as I am not a 4-legged animal that barks. instead of saying hello or something one asshole walked all the way to the service desk, had them page someone to my dept. I was waiting for the idiot to return. When the did they asked me if we had a product in stock, they were standing in front of said product the whole time (5 min) they were whistling. I guess SC's can't be bothered to use their eyes anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X