This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wagegoth View Post
    Next time say, "Well, I pay your social security, so you owe me over 8% of all my wages paid since you retired."
    Haha! Good one! I would love to have seen the old hag's reaction to that if she were told that! I can imagine that she would have been able to mop the floor with her jaw.

She reminds me of that old lady I was caught behind one time at the grocery store, arguing with the cashier over a 10 cent coupon. I was tempted to reach in my pocket, grab a dime, and say 'here's your damn dime, now beat it!'
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Wow, talk about having no life! To go through the trouble of driving all the way back to a shop to get 51 cents! I sure as hell hope I have better things to do when I'm old!
      My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Isn't it a general rule that once the customer leaves the store they lose any right to claim that they got shortchanged?

Comment

Or at the very least, once a full 24 hours has passed they no longer have any right to cry Overcharge.
          "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

Older couple spent the night at my hotel and were charged $90.80 (rate with AARP discount). A few weeks later, they stayed again, and their rate was $89.10. The $90.80 was correct, something on their second reservation didn't compute the rate correctly.

They noticed this when they checked out again, and demanded their $1.70. I cheated them, and pocketed the difference, etc. etc. Real bastards. I tired in vain to tell them that their second trip was undercharged and i could very easily go back in and adjust their last stay to match the previous one, not that I wouldn't have done that. They would not listen, and demanded their $1.70. I was not about to go back and readjust a 4 week old credit card transaction. I took 2 one dollar bills out of my pocket and handed it to them, telling them sorry for the confusion, that the money was way more important to them than it was to me.

They huffed and started to walk away, when I yelled across the lobby that they owed me 30 cents. And you bet your ass I took it.

Comment

Quoth ajr1971 View Post
              They huffed and started to walk away, when I yelled across the lobby that they owed me 30 cents. And you bet your ass I took it.

Awesome!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

That's it!! It's official! I hope I die before I reach "Senior Citizen" age, because I'm terrified of becoming a fossilized entitlement whore who thinks the world owes her a favor because she didn't die!!!
                "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

I wonder how much it cost in her gas to go all the way to the store to inquire about her 51 cents.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                    Reminds me of that Simpsons episode with the 19th century "99 cent store" with the grand piano in the window.

In all seriousness though, this woman knows damn well what 51 cents is worth today. Apparently its the going rate for her dignity.
                    I can go one better.

When I was an assistant manager at Burger King in the mid 1980's a OLDER guy came in after going through the drive-thru during a busy lunch. he threw his change, bag, and drink accross the counter and screamed "IWAAAAAAAAAAAANT MY MONEY BACK" thinking he got the wrong burger or drink, I calmly asked him what the problem was. he again screamed "I WAAAAAANT MY MONEY BAAAAAAAAAAK". again I calmly ask him wha tthe problem was. he screamed "THAT BITCH IN THE DRIVETHRU SHORTED ME ..........:"

(.........wait for it............)

A PEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYY. I WAAAAANNNNNNNTTTTTTT MMMMMMMYYYYYYY MMMMMMOOONNNNNEEEYYYYY BAAAAAACK" in a voice that would have made any three year old proud. I offered to give him his penny but NO "I WANT MY MONEY BACK". whatever you senior 2 year old. give him the money back adn cleaned up the mess and continued with lunch rush
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth ajr1971 View Post
                      Older couple spent the night at my hotel and were charged $90.80 (rate with AARP discount). A few weeks later, they stayed again, and their rate was $89.10. The $90.80 was correct, something on their second reservation didn't compute the rate correctly.

They noticed this when they checked out again, and demanded their $1.70. I cheated them, and pocketed the difference, etc. etc. Real bastards. I tired in vain to tell them that their second trip was undercharged and i could very easily go back in and adjust their last stay to match the previous one, not that I wouldn't have done that. They would not listen, and demanded their $1.70. I was not about to go back and readjust a 4 week old credit card transaction. I took 2 one dollar bills out of my pocket and handed it to them, telling them sorry for the confusion, that the money was way more important to them than it was to me.

LOVE IT!

I had this one couple complain to the guest relations department because I supposedly overcharged them on their hotel stay.

The first time they stayed was on the weekend. Our weekend rates are lower because we get the most of our business during the week because we are a corporate hotel. Their rate was $71.10 The second time they came, it was in the middle of week and we were nearing 100% occupancy. Also the rate is higher during the week. This time it was $80.10. I didn't remember this couple from the first time (I see lots of people) and they didn't say anything about the different rate.

A week later, the manager got a nasty letter from them and a letter from guest relations saying that I overcharged them and was trying to take advantage of senior citizens. My manager called the couple and explain the pricing, but they still were convinced that I was trying to cheat them.

Comment

And what made her assume I would remember a transaction that occured a week ago,

But, but, but..... it's your duty to remember every customer that comes in!!
                        If it wasn't for them, your job wouldn't exist!!
                        They're all very important and special people and you should just be thankful that they allow you the privilege of serving them!!

Ok, i can't keep a straight face any longer.
                        Customers: from 0 to stupid in 2.5 sentences.

Comment

Well, apparently the old hag came back yesterday (my day off) to get another one of her stupid drinks and complained about me to the guys that were on duty. Apparently, she went on and on about how "The girl that's usually here NEVER knows what she's doing, and she always makes my drink wrong and overcharges me for it." I got told all about it upon arrival today and we got a good chuckle at her expense.
                          "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

Working...
                          X