This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, right, THAT'S why I hate it here *LONG*

Due to illness and performances, I have been to work twice in the past ten days. I nearly forgot why I hated it.

I remember now.

SC#1 was whiny.

Me: I'm sorry, that freebie is only offered if you spend more then $35 dollars.
    SC#1: Whaaat? But I waaant it!
    Me: (I want you to crawl back into your box and die, but that's not going to happen now, is it?) I'm sorry, but I can't give you the free item.
    SC#1: I'm only a couple of dollars short.
    Me: You're TWELVE dollars short. I'm sorry, I can't give you the free item.
    SC#1: But whyyyyy? I waaaant it.

This was not a teenager or a kid. This was a woman easily in her FORTIES, though she probably would have had a heart attack if she'd known the botox wasn't fooling anyone.

SC#2 confused the hell out of me.

Me: Please swipe you're credit card.
    SC#2: My postcode is ****.
    Me:...

...I don't really need a postcode to sell you batteries. Why would you tell me your postcode? Wait... Are you from Nunavut? Did I, an Australian school girl working in a BEAUTY STORE, somehow get one of Gravekeeper or Kara_CS's customers? 'Cause that was all I could think of that could even vaugely begin to explain WHY THE HELL-ON-A-STICK you just gave me your postcode.

SC#3 was TOTALLY not, like, shoplifting

Me: May I please check your bags?
    SC#3: Why? I haven't like, taken anything.
    Me: I believe you, but it's store policy. Sorry, but I need to check your bags.
    SC#3: No!
    Me:... (this isn't up for debate, sweetie. Let me see into your @$$ ugly Gucci bag now) I'm sorry, but I need to check your bag. There are signs all over the store saying that it is a condition of entry that you show your bag when you leave.
    SC#3: No there arn't!
    Me: (okay, possibly a little unprofessional of me) There is one ten centimetres away from your head.

Then the manager came over and asked to check her bag. There was an unpaid for make-up product in there. SC#3 left veeeery quickly.

SC#4 was Teh STOOPID.

SC#4: Do I have to buy something? Or can I just take the free gifts?

I have to go back there on Tuesday. *Whimper*
    Last edited by Nox; 09-08-2007, 01:03 PM.
    I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

I'm impressed you forgot. If I ever quit my job it'll be years before the mental scars fade. If I don't escape this industry in the conceivable future I may end up spending those years in prison.

Quoth Nox
    Me: (okay, possibly a little unprofessional of me) There is one ten centimetres away from your head.
    This is what we refer to as "Vastly overestimating the target demographic.". Not only did you use numbers, but you also implied she need measure distance. A better approach would be to use simple, direct, single syllables such as "Look up fuck wit.".

Comment

Or better still:

"There is one 10 centimetres from your head. INCOMING!" (smack!)

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        I'm impressed you forgot. If I ever quit my job it'll be years before the mental scars fade. If I don't escape this industry in the conceivable future I may end up spending those years in prison.
        Oh, that would never happen. We'd be sure to get you off, no matter what you ended up doing.

Oh, wait, I didn't mean... er... I'm gonna just leave it...

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Oh, that would never happen. We'd be sure to get you off, no matter what you ended up doing.

Oh, wait, I didn't mean... er... I'm gonna just leave it...

^-.-^
          ... i don't think GK would ever leave the congenical visit trailer...

oh wait are we talking about legalness?
          Hell you can just use the excuss my sister could use!! (shes bi-polar with an axiety disorder with a documented history of mania induced psychosis {dora the explorer wants to kill her})

Comment

Quoth Nox View Post
            Me:... (this isn't up for debate, sweetie. Let me see into your @$$ ugly Gucci bag now) I'm sorry, but I need to check your bag. There are signs all over the store saying that it is a condition of entry that you show your bag when you leave.
            Just FYI, this may be true where you are, but not in the US. I live in California, and, while there are PLENTY of stores that have policies like yours, and those policies are posted, they are, so I've read, actually unenforceable here (in my particular state). There may be a sign, and it may imply that you have "entered a contract" by entering the store, but you CAN refuse to have your bag searched upon leaving, UNLESS there is actual probable cause.

But she was still a stupid bitch

Joe

Comment

Quoth DrinkJockey View Post
              Reminds me of the guy I was asking for the postcode of, I got his pin number several times, his area code several more, the full phone number once, and when I tried "Ok when you put your mailing address down and you put *yourtown*, *yourstate* and some numbers, what are the numbers?" he gave me his pin number again..
              My brain just exploded when I read this.

I can understand if English isn't his native language. But how on earth can someone that understands english not understand "post code". Or "zip code" Or whatever else it's call.
              MMO Addicts group

Comment

I remember now.

SC#1 was whiny.

Me: I'm sorry, that freebie is only offered if you spend more then $35 dollars.
                SC#1: Whaaat? But I waaant it!
                Me: (I want you to crawl back into your box and die, but that's not going to happen now, is it?) I'm sorry, but I can't give you the free item.
                SC#1: I'm only a couple of dollars short.
                Me: You're TWELVE dollars short. I'm sorry, I can't give you the free item.
                SC#1: But whyyyyy? I waaaant it.

This was not a teenager or a kid. This was a woman easily in her FORTIES, though she probably would have had a heart attack if she'd known the botox wasn't fooling anyone.
                And I thought I was immature! What a stupid whiner. Loved your comment about the Botox (botulism swimming in your forehead, lovely). You should have started sing "You Can't Always Get What You Want" just to embarass her.

SC#3 was TOTALLY not, like, shoplifting

SC#3: No there arn't!
                That was almost Monty Python-esque. Sheesh.

SC#4 was Teh STOOPID.

SC#4: Do I have to buy something? Or can I just take the free gifts?
                Must resist gnawing own arm off in frustration, must resist gnawing...

I have to go back there on Tuesday. *Whimper*
                Be strong! You are SO much better than they are!!
                "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
                  Must resist gnawing own arm off in frustration, must resist gnawing...
                  Well THERE'S your problem! You're supposed to gnaw THEIR arm off!
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

But then you'd never get the taste of SC out of your mouth...
                    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                      But then you'd never get the taste of SC out of your mouth...
                      Eww. It's not that kind of suck.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                      X