This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, we got your car... (Long)

Only one SC worthy of a post this week, so I dug another up from the annals of parts-guy lore to mix it up a bit. Kara and GK, I'm stealing your format.

SOME LANGUAGE AHEAD

Dumb ass with a Lincoln

We have a Lincoln SUV in our shop right now that our sales dept sold over a year ago. It came in with a coolant leak that the customer wanted fixed, and he wanted us to pay for it. This kind of thing must be approved by the sales mgmt team, and they appropriately told him to pound sand. It's been over a year, it's a used car, we are a Chevy dealer, you have a Lincoln, you bought no extended warranty, it's out of factory warranty, please get bent. The SC did not like this answer.

He's in the service dept discussing this with service writer J, who is trying to explain this to him. He may as well have told the tree outside. Eventually, he managed to calm this guy down enough to get him to listen to the total cost of the repair. The mechanic, who I will call D, who is working on the car was present to help out with the technical stuff. They finally get this guy to agree to the repair and cost, and he leaves. All is well? Surely you jest.

FLNF: Fix Lincoln Now Free!
    J: Service writer
    D: Mechanic

FLNF called back and talked to J, mainly to cry a little more. J calms him down, but as FLNF is about to hang up, he says:

FLNF: "Tell that mechanic he can suck my fucking cock!"

Good plan.

I should point out that D is my favorite tech. He is the one who works on my car if I bring it in for anything. I trust him. I should also point out that FLNF left all his keys on the keyring(car, house, mailbox, etc) when he dropped the car off. This is stupid for reasons I shouldn't need to explain. D put it pretty well:

D:"I can suck his cock? Really? Why the hell would you say that to someone who has your name, address, phone number, car and HOUSE KEYS? Is this guy stupid?"

Yes. Yes he is. FLNF's car is now on the very-very-back burner.

D wouldn't do anything, but how does this asshat know this? I hope he's taking the bus to work.

And now into the crystal ball.......

It ain't yours, but take it back anyway!

I dredged this up from the past because I had a customer remind me of it today. Today's customer was a driver/lackey from one of our wholesale accounts. He was returning some parts, and had one from another GM dealer here in town. We told him about his error, and he said "oops". Not the douche in this next story.

The dealer I last worked at owned several stores around town. The one I worked at was for individual private sales, the other one in question was for fleet and commercial vehicles. Our invoices looked almost identical, save for one said "commercial". I was processing his returns, and the following convo took place:

Me: Needs a drink
    DBD: Douche Bag Driver

Me: I'm sorry, this one will need to be taken back to our commercial store. I can't process their returns.
    DBD: You guys are the same company. Just do it.
    Me: I can't. I have to be able to pull up the original invoice to process this and I'm not tied to their system.
    DBD: Dude! Just do it! They're on the other side of town!

I should point out that the town I'm in isn't that big. I can be in any part of it within 15-20 minutes no matter where I start from.

Me: I'm sorry, but they are considered a separate dealer. I can't process their returns.
    DBD: This is BS. I got other shit to do and I don't have time to drive "all the way over there".
    Me: These are the rules I have to follow. I can't take it back any more than I could take parts for Toyota or Ford.
    DBD: Yeah, well fuck you! I'm telling my boss about this.

Fuck me? Really? I knew his boss. He was good customer of mine and I was on a first name basis with him.

Me: Who, <boss>? Want me to call him? I sold him about $800 worth of parts this morning.
    DBD: No, I'll talk to him when I get back. <leaves>

I called his boss, because I'm a jerk like that. His boss said: "Is he givin' you shit? He was supposed to take that part to the commercial store to begin with. I'll talk to him, sorry he did that."

I never saw that driver again.

And thus ends my work week.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Hmmm....I believe the term "PWNED" would apply right about here

PS: Well done *golf clap*

Edit: Golf clap on my avatar head
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Dude, that's all KINDS of awesome.

Little creeped out that you're a parts man for a GM dealer like my ex-hubby, but I won't hold it against ya.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
        Dude, that's all KINDS of awesome.

Little creeped out that you're a parts man for a GM dealer like my ex-hubby, but I won't hold it against ya.
        Thanks. I don't bite unless asked to.
        Last edited by Jadedcarguy; 09-09-2007, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post

Edit: Golf clap on my avatar head
          Your avatar is the shiznit.

I'm just waiting for the day i get to tell an SC "Go away before I taunt you a second time!"

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
            Thanks. I don't bite unless asked to.
            Me neither.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Your avatar is the shiznit.

I'm just waiting for the day i get to tell an SC "Go away before I taunt you a second time!"

In your business, I'm sure you could get away with it. LOL

Comment

Re:thread title
                "Dude, you found muh car?"
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  "Dude, you found muh car?"
                  No, I haven't found your car yet. Stop asking already!
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Why the hell would you say that to someone who has your name, address, phone number, car and HOUSE KEYS? Is this guy stupid?
                    Why would he give you his house keys? So you can personally deliver the car when he's not home? :\
                    Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
                    Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Presumably because he's a mentard.

That guy needs to re-learn the Three People Not To Fuck With: Repairmen (In this case, mechanics), Police, and People Who Make Your Food.
                      Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth solemnwarning View Post
                        Why would he give you his house keys? So you can personally deliver the car when he's not home? :\
                        Like I said in the OP, this is something you should not do. Take your car key off the ring and give them that only. You have no idea how often I see house keys in here.

Yes, Acolyte, he's a mentard.

Comment

You have no idea how often I see house keys in here.
                          "Sir/Ma'am/DiseasedRabidWeasel, I'm not likely to be working on your car, as such, it would make it much faster if you would only give us the car key, so we don't have to play F*cking Guess Who for Keys."
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
                            Presumably because he's a mentard.

That guy needs to re-learn the Three People Not To Fuck With: Repairmen (In this case, mechanics), Police, and People Who Make Your Food.
                            Hehe I *always* treat mechanics with respect. Unless, that is, they're the people who work at a certain local Zoom-zoom-zoom dealership who apparently think internal combustion is magic...
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                              ...... who apparently think internal combustion is magic...
                              It IS magic, and don't let anyone tell you different!

Comment

Working...
                              X