This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An SC at Temple!

Bake sale + yard sale in addition to the bake sale= SC who thinks that she can haggle the price of bake goods like she does at the yard sale.

All of our bake sales have always featured ONE price scheme. That’s it. Everything is a dollar. This was started a few years back to avoid the, "How much is this" question. From cookies to a slice of pie. Yes, that’s right a cookie is a dollar. You don’t like it? Then keep it moving. We do this every year! It’s not a small ordinary cookie but a big one.

Again, ma’am it’s a dollar...

No, ma'am I can't and even if I could, I refuse to change the price...

I am after all on the fundraising committee...

I'd be happy to tell the Rabbi that you're trying to stiff the temple fund...

Lather, rinse and repeat.

giant cookie for a dollar? sign me up!

the big cookies at the B&N cafe are more than that!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I mean when you think about it a dollar is a damn good deal. It's definitely not the size of the B&N cookies but it's bigger then a regular sized cookie.

Comment

You know, generally I don't mind if things are 'overpriced' at fund raisers and such, since I know the money's going to a good cause Geez, sometimes I think some people's goal in life is to suck the happiness and joy from the lives of others. Just . . . wow.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

...out of curiousity, got any of those big cookies left? ^_^
          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

If they can sell those way-overrated Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for $1.50, I would gladly pay a buck for homemade cookies.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Oy Guvult!!!

Comment

slice o' pie for a buck? can't beat that with any stick; is there any left, btw??
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

:looking hopeful:

Cheesecake?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Damnit, now I want a freaking cookie.... And yeah a buck for a good sized cookie isn't bad. Its going to a good cause, and the stuff is gonna be homemade by folks who know how to cook and bake and mix yummie stuff up in a bowl and turn batter into stuff that gets washed down with milk quite well.

Damnit now my sweet tooth is going nuts.
                    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Thanks, Becky, now I'm totally craving the Belgian chocolate cheesecake at the Border's store three doors down. And it's way more than $1. And the calories? Ack!
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Ahhh sorry guys. No more left. I'll make sure to tell them next time to leave some for the CS board.

Comment

I like to tell people like that that God is watching.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                            Thanks, Becky, now I'm totally craving the Belgian chocolate cheesecake at the Border's store three doors down.
                            *Using her powers for evil instead of good for as long as she can remember*
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Now, that reminds me of today's big dilemma for me since I have the day off.... do I want the leftover cheesecake sitting in the fridge for dessert or do I want the leftover pan of brownies my wife made the other day? I love days when such deep questions as this are my biggest concern on the day's agenda.

cheesecake or brownies?
                              brownies or cheesecake?

Damn, now I'm getting hungry. I have leftover spaghetti sauce in the fridge. I'm just too lazy to boil more noodles at the moment. Oh well, I'm just going to have to get motivated.

I love days off work even though I like my job just fine. I just don't like some of the customers is the worst part.
                              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                              X