Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want my parking refund, regardless of store policy.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my parking refund, regardless of store policy.

This guy really pissed me off. At the supermarket where I work, you have to spend a minimum of £10 to get a refund of one hour's parking, in other words, 60p. This guy spent £9.50 but still demanded his parking money. -.-

SC - Idiot man.
    Me - Well, duh.

SC: (waving parking refund ticket at me) You forgot my parking refund.
    Me: Sorry, but you haven't spent enough money.
    SC: I spent £9.50.
    Me: You have to spend £10.
    SC: I don't believe you, where does it say that?
    Me: On the parking machine, plus we have a sign next to the back door.
    SC: So I have to come all the way round the back? I don't believe this.
    Me: No, you don't, cuz there's a notice on the parking machine.
    SC: Well, I didn't see a sign there.
    Me: Well, it's there and has been there ever since we had this policy.
    SC: Can't you just bend the rules for once?
    Me: No, sorry. (thinking, "Well, I would bend the rules for a polite customer, but not for a rude arsehole like yourself.")
    SC: (mutters angrily, then finally leaves.)
    Last edited by Lace Neil Singer; 09-11-2007, 10:35 PM. Reason: wrong word... doh!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

He could have just bought something for 50 pence, and still saved himself ten.

Personally, I would have just left without all the fuss. People undervalue their time.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

You forgot; if it makes sense, it's not allowed. XD
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I could certainly miss a sign, but hearing you say the price would definately make me pick up a chocolate bar a lot faster than picking up an argument.
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
        Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Ah, the old, "Can't you bnd the rules just once?" question. I used to get that all the time at the video store especially regarding late fees. It seemed like half the people with late fees would ask me to let them slide just this once. I always wanted to just give them a deep piercing stare and ask, "And I should do this for you because......?"

Geez, when are people going to realize that they are not the most important person in the universe and that rules apply to them just like anyone else?????

Comment

My default response to people like that: Sorry but the registers won't let me do it at all.

Comment

This is a case were the customer is right(gotta stop laughing, gonna fall out of my chair) and feels that they are being unjustly treated. I would have done the same thing you did, not given him anything. If you do the math really he would only be saving himself 10p in the process of it all. He more then likely has shopped there before and other clerks had let him slide and was hopping you would to.
              Last edited by TWOLF; 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM.
              I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Working...
              X