This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
    I lost count of the number of customers who tried to stick a new bill in the changer— several times— and were amazed when I went over to assist them, and the first thing I did was crumple their bill up. Absolutely new bills are sometimes just a hair too long, or short, or something.
    Or too slick, and will cause the gripper wheels to slip, making whatever kind of reader it has think the bill is printed funny. Ah, all the old tricks learned from my youth in the arcades, both as a player and employee.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I despise "fresh" bills.

They just don't feel right.

Gotta be a bit crumpled, ya know?
      If my father gets brand new notes the first thing he does is screw them into a ball, it bugs the hell out of me, I'd rather have new ones than crumpled any time!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

What a lazy weirdo! When I used to work a register, I always hated the people who expected us to give them change like a bank. Do people not understand that cashiers have a limited amount of change?

Comment

No no, you've got it wrong. We have an entire TREASURY under our tills. Think of Scrooge McDuck's money room. We're here to give out exactly the change the customer wants, down to the serial number. /sarcasm.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Why in the world would you go to a retail environment for fresh bills? Isn't it obvious those would most likely already have been handled?

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              If my father gets brand new notes the first thing he does is screw them into a ball, it bugs the hell out of me, I'd rather have new ones than crumpled any time!
              I thought you said he chews on them the first time I read it. I really gotta stop speed reading at 3 am...
              "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

I hate receiving new bills. I hate how they stick together
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                  I thought you said he chews on them the first time I read it.
                  O_o, he may be odd but not quite that odd!
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                    No no, you've got it wrong. We have an entire TREASURY under our tills. Think of Scrooge McDuck's money room. We're here to give out exactly the change the customer wants, down to the serial number. /sarcasm.
                    And yet you're not even allowed to bathe your feet in it. No wonder retail workers tend to snap.
                    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                      I hate receiving new bills. I hate how they stick together
                      Yeah i hate that too. i had a customer complain that I gave her bills that were stuck together. She wanted 10x the value of the bills. They were two twentie, so that would've been $400. There's is just no pleasing SCs.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                        Yeah i hate that too. i had a customer complain that I gave her bills that were stuck together. She wanted 10x the value of the bills. They were two twentie, so that would've been $400. There's is just no pleasing SCs.

I'm confused: you had a customer seriously suggest that because you gave her two bills that stuck together, she was "entitled" to 10X their value?

Seriously? Really?

(Please tell me I misunderstood your post.)
                        Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I once had a woman demand the freshest fivers we had for birthday presents in cards. Naturally, she was proferring the scrattiest tenner going...

Rapscallion

Comment

I remember this one guy who bought a $9.50 ticket with a $100 bill and then demanded that we give him his change in twenties. Unfortunately, the floor manager at the time had already done her drops so the bigest bills we could have given him would have been tens and fives, so he then has the balls to ask us for a refund. Why on earth would you skip a two hour movie just because you couldn't get twenties?!

Comment

I've heard of people collecting coins, but $5 bills? That's a new one to me!
                              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                                I've heard of people collecting coins, but $5 bills? That's a new one to me!
                                I only have the $5 in my collection because it is a silver certificate, and it was given to me by my wife's aunt. She tried to spend it but the cashier pointed out its rarity and suggested she keep it.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X