Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coca-Cola all the way. (And yes, I can tell the difference. Pepsi is not good, nor is diet Coke).

However, as with the other, rational people in the thread, I'm fine with Root Beer or Mountain Dew if they don't serve Coke.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I prefer Coke, but if my only option is Pepsi, I'll take that. Usually I drink water or iced tea in restaurants, though.

I usually get a Coke in the morning at work (don't drink coffee, need caffeine somehow ) but I fill mostly with Diet Coke, and then the last inch or so with regular Coke or root beer. If I'm someplace where Dr. Pepper is an option I'll use that. (No Dr. Pepper in the fountain at work, though ).

Oh, and I prefer my soda flat. Especially Coke or ginger ale. If flat is not an option, it has to have lots of ice.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Oh, and I prefer my soda flat. Especially Coke or ginger ale. If flat is not an option, it has to have lots of ice.
        You can use a little bit of salt to make your sodas flat in a snap.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          You can use a little bit of salt to make your sodas flat in a snap.
          Never heard of that one. I'll have to run a test...

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Never heard of that one. I'll have to run a test...
            Now this should be interesting to watch, videos if spectacular please!
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I like Coca-Cola over pepsi, especially the Vanilla coke! At establishments, it's Coca-Cola for me or if they don't have it, either Sierra Mist,Mountain Dew or Sunkist.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                I like Coca-Cola over pepsi, especially the Vanilla coke! At establishments, it's Coca-Cola for me or if they don't have it, either Sierra Mist,Mountain Dew or Sunkist.
                I love the Wawa near me; they recently got a new soda fountain, and they've got like 16 different sodas (including Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Cherry Coke, caffeine-free Coke, and caffeine-free Diet Coke) and 4 flavors of syrup you can add (chocolate, vanilla, raspberry and cherry). I've discovered that Diet Coke and root beer with a shot of cherry syrup is yummy - tastes a bit like bubble gum .

Someone on here told me that Cherry Coke and root beer were good together, but when I went to try it, the Cherry Coke was out, so I went the do-it-yourself route and it came out good. I don't like the chocolate syrup as much as I thought I would, though. Too artificial.
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-26-2008, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  Just a quickie from today.

SC: Can I have a coca-cola please?
                  Me: OK, but we have pepsi, is that OK?
                  SC: I said CO-CA-CO-LLLLAAA.
                  Me: Yes, but I'm afraid we don't have that. We have pepsi.
                  SC: A bottle of coca-cola?
                  Me: No.
                  SC: A can of coca-cola?
                  Me: No.
                  SC: Then what coca-cola do you have?
                  Me: We don't. We have pepsi.
                  SC: I'll have to leave then. I will NOT drink pepsi.

Did she work for coca-cola?
                  You don't understand the cola wars, do ya? While I personally will drink Coke in a resteraunt if that's all they got, I can usually get around that by just going to a fast food resteraunt within walking distance (I got a Long John Silvers, a Hardees, and a Subway very close by), get only the burger/fries, and just take it home and have a nice can of Diet Pepsi.

You gotta understand Coke vs. Pepsi is like Democrat or Republican. You're either one or the other; you can't be both at the same time (though some in Washington and especially Frankfort do try).

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                    Do these people not realize that some places have exclusive rights to sell only Coke or Pepsi products, espically chain restaurants.
                    I don't understand why that has to be. I mean, you don't see grocery stores or convience stores selling only Coke or Pepsi products.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                      I don't understand why that has to be. I mean, you don't see grocery stores or convience stores selling only Coke or Pepsi products.
                      The 7-Eleven across the street from me has Coke at one end of the soda fountain and Pepsi at the other.

When I worked in the store I only had Pepsi to choose from (B&N Cafe has Pepsi products) unless I got it from the soda machine in the break room, which for some reason was Coke. But I need ice and with my employee discount it was cheaper in the cafe.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                        They do over here, its normally small independant ones though...
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

In some cases, it's because the Fast Food joints are run by the company. Taco Bell, for example, is part of Pepsico. Obviously, you're not going to find Coke served there.

One thing I've noticed - I haven't yet seen a single pizza place that serves Coke. It's always Pepsi. No matter where I go.
                          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                            One thing I've noticed - I haven't yet seen a single pizza place that serves Coke. It's always Pepsi. No matter where I go.
                            Pizza Hut is also part of Pepsico. Wouldn't be able to explain the other places though.

I like both, in the sense that after having Coke for a while, I like Pepsi for a change and vise versa. Right now I'm drinking Coke Zero.

When I get to Las Vegas by the end of the week, I'm going to stop in the Coke place on the strip and get a Coca Cola mixed with chocolate flavoring. *insert drool here ammmgggghhhhhhhhh*

If they would make chocolate Coke I would so buy it.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Remember, Coke's own blind taste tests confirmed that most people prefer Pepsi when it comes to the taste alone (they were trying to disprove Pepsi's taste tests, instead they confirmed it).

How to make your own cola flavour: Mix vanilla, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar. The "secret" seems to be in the proportions.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post

Businesses get discounts on their product if they promise not to sell or promote the competition. At least that's how it was for cosmetics.

I haven't seen a Vanilla Coke in years, but I loved it so.

I think why I don't really like pepsi is because I mainly only get it in restaurants (can never find one that actually has coke) and it's always watered down.

Comment

Working...
                                X