Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein Duct Tape Should Have Been Used (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Fiyero View Post
    I feel bad for them too. The people who destroy this stuff just think of it as stuff, not something that other people would treasure.
    Not even that someone might treasure it. Just the fact that it doesn't belong to them should be enough to know to keep their little hands off it.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Not even that someone might treasure it. Just the fact that it doesn't belong to them should be enough to know to keep their little hands off it.
      Y'know, I'm trying hard not to get on my soapbox here, I really am!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        Y'know, I'm trying hard not to get on my soapbox here, I really am!

I'm not saying that actually happens or anything. I said should, after all...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

We had one time a big playoff happening in my little home town. At the time it went on the only big restauraunt places we had were the Fireman's grill (closed already for that day), Burger King, McD's, and Pizza Hut. The visiting and later loosing team went out to eat and TRASHED the three restauraunts. Well since we all knew what school it was our little town banded and sent a letter to the rival school stating that the three places lost lots of money on them and that we would like restitution and if they could never come to our town again.

The principle over there wasn't a wuss, he was a older man with strong ethics. Every one of the students who had been out with the outing were getting charged with damages as well as getting a mass failing grade in all classes if they didn't go back to offer up themselves for unpaid positions to pay for damage. AND we never host their school anymore for anything.

If your Mom knows what major company hosted the tourney her hotel could go to them for damages that their players made and then they will go after the parents since it was the major companies reputation on the line.

Comment

Quoth Aramika View Post
            I've been to Kabuto's, probably that particular one you are describing since I live Virginia, and yes, it's expensive, but I love it because the chefs cook the food in front of you and do tricks with it - Awesome!

I don't think there is...... though I could be wrong. And which college are you describing? There's a few major colleges in Virginia.
            Haha yep - that's what they do there. I'm talking about the one near Virginia Tech.

Quoth Fiyero View Post
            I feel bad for them too. The people who destroy this stuff just think of it as stuff, not something that other people would treasure. I have a Corpse Bride display stand that I love (it is taller than me, and I am tall).

I hate behaviour like that, I have seen it and unfortunately been on the receiving end of it (while at work and watching a film at the cinema).

Thinking like this of the youth of today makes me feel much older than my 24 years should. It really wasn't like that when I was a boy
            Amen. I used to have a massive collection of display stands....my prize was a life sized Aragorn from the LOTR movies. He's now on display at a comic book store I frequent a lot. Makes me feel proud when people go over him. Unfortunately, after a big move...most of my displays were trashed and I'm down to a Final Fantasy Tactics display...which my MIL's dog decided to chew a part of it off of. Sad that a cockapoo did more damage to it than my freaking toddler did.

EDIT:

I'm glad to see so many are siding with my mom...but I cannot stress how lax of a position this hotel is taking on the whole thing. I'll have to write up a Sucky Coworkers thing about it sometime. I know she wouldn't post it...but I sure as fark will.
            Last edited by Seraph; 05-25-2008, 11:03 PM.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

This has made me so glad I work in a (mainly) business hotel. I dread to think what my manager would have said to those children (let alone the parents) if they'd done that in the hotel I work in. I can also see the charges we'd be issuing then arguing into next year - oh on that note, did anyone take any pictures of the damage? Really that makes it so much harder to dispute.

I'm still a teenager and it feels silly to say this but really, my mother would skinned me alive for doing something like that, after asking why on earth I decided I didn't know better than that.
              "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Quoth CloserToSane View Post
                I'm still a teenager and it feels silly to say this but really, my mother would skinned me alive for doing something like that, after asking why on earth I decided I didn't know better than that.
                Same here...I don't even want to picture the tongue lashing he would give me and then the disappointment whenever she looked my way. I swear she's one of the best with guilt trips.

Comment

Daaah crikeys. Just now realized I called the restaurant a Kabuto's when it's a Kabuki.

I'm special...

Comment

hell i would have found out what ther legage was and since most leagues for ths kind of thing are run by a charity, city or school delightly inform them that since they can control their playors or their parents they are banned, you are give all the details about them to the affect business and that you will make sure that if they try to book for something else they are seriously exammed before hand.
                    good god they should have been force to pay out the butt hole for what they did

WHY WHERE NO COPS INVOLVED AT ALL?

Comment

That's just unacceptable. I think I would've called the cops...randomly...from the courtesy lobby phone or something as not to trace it back to an employee at the hotel.

I can't stand kids who have no respect for other people's property.
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Holy Hell!!!! Those little shits and their parents should've been banned and the parents charged for all the damages incurred!!! People like them give parents and famiilies a bad name!!! Fucking little shits and their idiot parents!!!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Good gracious! My mother would have beat my butt for that type of behaviour! Why didn't those parents do the same?! Do as others suggest, contact the league or the sponsors and tell them they'll be charged for the damage done and that they are banned from making reservations ever again. Then get all the parents names and send them letters stating that they are banned from making reservations as well, and state why.
                          "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                            Oh. Sorry if this is a bit rambly as well...haven't been able to sleep well anymore and my brain is a bit foggy. I cannot WAIT to have this kid and be able to sleep comfortably again.

1st kid huh. You will never sleep well again. You will spend the first 5 years tending to them at night and the next 40 years worrying about them at night.
                            Eben56
                            If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Holy biscuit.

That is all.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Eben56 View Post
                                1st kid huh. You will never sleep well again. You will spend the first 5 years tending to them at night and the next 40 years worrying about them at night.
                                Second kid, actually. First one is all of nearly 21 months old...so I still know how it was when she was a newborn. I know sleep will be hard to come by anyways...but at least it'll be sleep and not the tossing and turning of trying to find a comfy sleeping position.

Comment

Working...
                                X