Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein Duct Tape Should Have Been Used (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best to you.. I have 5 kids (9 grandchildren). When the first one was little, we used to run around stressing and calling 911 if the kids fell down. By the time #5 came around, we peer around the door and ask "Is there a lot of blood?" If you're not bleeding you are probably OK.
    Kids bounce.
    Eben56
    If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

LOL My mom used to do that with me and my brother... "Are you bleeding profusely? If not, you'll live."

One day, I got dragged for about a block while dogboarding...we're talking dragged facedown along an old asphalt road by two full grown lab mixes. You can imagine the damage I suffered. I eventually let go of the leash (after I went unconscious) and then picked myself up and somehow walked home. I came inside the door, said "Mom?..." and she yelled something along the lines of "I'm on the phone, don't interrupt me unless you're bleeding." Hoo boy, the look on her face was hilarious when she came around the corner and saw me standing in this huge puddle of blood.

Funny enough, she never said that again. LOL
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

The worst i've experienced is when A hotel in Rochester Minnesota that advertised it self as a place to stay while you or a family member undergo treatment at the mayo clinic booked in a childrens basketball team in town for a tournament. and then when you go out to eat these little monsters are filling every restaurant in the city. I propose a simple solution, a child leash law. we spent the entire weekend telling children running up and down the halls to please be quiet. the parents did nothing. At the restaurant children were running between booths the entire time they were there. It finaally got so bad i retired to the bar in the Famous Daves attached to the hotel and procedded to do curls with 32 oz Linenkugals Honey Weiss Beer. A simple leash law would force parents to at least know what their Little angels are doing to annoy the rest of us
        They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

....I'm literally having trouble making my brain work after that. Do those parents know nothing about discipline?!?!?!?! My God how bad of a parent do you have to be to allow hellspawn like that to damage so much stuff? Aren't they aware that they themselves could have to end up paying for the damage?
          We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            If your Mom knows what major company hosted the tourney her hotel could go to them for damages that their players made and then they will go after the parents since it was the major companies reputation on the line.
            Exactly what I was going to say. Any school or band trips I was ever on, we were threatened to an inch of our lives that the school's reputation depended on us and if there were problems, we would PAY.

My sister's class ended up getting our school district BANNED from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for 10 years! At least the people in charge of the R&R Hall weren't wusses when it came to laying down the law.

Comment

Seraph, I know just how you feel. My daughter was 9 pounds when she was born and that last month was awful. Ok, last 2 months.

Those kids are the future of our country. I for us, and a little for them, too. The real world is probably going to suck for such self absorbed little brats, and it's really the fault of the people that spawned them. I just couldn't bring myself to use the word parent.

Can your mom find another job, maybe with a different hotel? I would suggest it, if at all possible. *Hugs* to her, I am sorry she had to deal with such horrible people, and worse, that she works for such a loser.
              "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Yum Yum

When annoyed by an unruly crew like this all I've ever had to do is make the comment:
                I LOVE children, but I can hardly ever EAT a whole one all by myself.

The looks I get are wonderful.

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                  Seraph, I know just how you feel. My daughter was 9 pounds when she was born and that last month was awful. Ok, last 2 months.

Those kids are the future of our country. I for us, and a little for them, too. The real world is probably going to suck for such self absorbed little brats, and it's really the fault of the people that spawned them. I just couldn't bring myself to use the word parent.

Can your mom find another job, maybe with a different hotel? I would suggest it, if at all possible. *Hugs* to her, I am sorry she had to deal with such horrible people, and worse, that she works for such a loser.
                  LOL Yeah these last 2 months have been god-awful....I never want to do this again.

Actually, my mom just applied for a new job at a different hotel. I have a baaaad feeling it'll be a very sucky job still...but at least it's not at THAT place. She has an interview for the job on Monday.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

HOLY FUCKING SHITDICKS
                    HOLY FUCKING SHITDICKS

Was their problem?!
                    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Dear Seraph -

I read your story but don't have time to read all the posts that followed. I have one thing to say:

I live across the street from a park with 3 baseball diamonds. I have learned that NOTHING is as important as OTHER PEOPLE's KIDs' BALL GAMES. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Not even my 80-something-year-old grandparents who live next door to me. You see, people need us to move our cars parked in front of our house(s) so that THEY can drop off their kids, or even better, PARK THEIR CAR(s) there.

Have you ever seen the Earth stop so people can get off? Come to my house today, or just about ANY day between April and October.

Learn it.

Know it.

Live it.

(ps - i hope you (as a parent) remember what is it like to be on the other end)
                      I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Stories like these remind me of something I overheard a teacher say once:

"Some kids are still alive only because it is illegal to kill them."
                        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Working...
                        X