This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You shall not pass!!!

You must all get the reference. XD Today's rant is about SCs who show up after closing time, or try to get on to a closed till, and just won't accept that we retail drones are people with lives outside the store. Everyone surely has a story to tell about having to stand on the door or explain to an SC that their shift is over, and they are not about to let them and their sky high piled trolley thru the till.

At my current workplace, I get the second lot of people as thank goodness, I don't have to stand on the door. However, at the garden centre, due to the fact that the pet section closed down half an hour before the rest of the store (apart from outside), I'd often be standing on the door stopping the SCs from coming in after closing time, as a sign saying Closed on the door wasn't enough... -.-

One memorable SC was the guy who showed up 10 minutes after the store had closed and tried to get in. When I stopped him, he glared at me and said, "You know, I spend at least £200 in this store every week. I pay your wages. You have no right to stop me coming in." And I thought the owner paid my wages. XD Nope; he didn't get to come in. So, any more stories?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I've had people actually grab my store's gates with both hands and rattle them. It's so childish, I have a hard time not laughing in their face.

I like the "You shall not pass" line. Maybe I'll use it next time.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Personally I prefer "None shall pass!" "What?" "None shall pass!" as that's basically the way most of my after-closing customer conversations used to go. I loved being able to lock the door on them.

The before-opening customers were the real problem. The owner would say to let them in, since most were regulars and would just grab coffee and leave, but some (never cuppa-joe regulars, always random assholes) were real douchebags and would demand sandwiches/soups before the deli station was open, any of the grills were on, or the soups were made. And then have the gall to complain when I explained that the lunch foods were generally only available starting around, you know, lunchtime.

I'm free of them now, thankfully, and will hopefully be starting at least one job next week that doesn't involve customer interaction. The other two jobs I may get, however, both involve customers. Quite rowdy customers, in fact. C'est la vie.
      "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

>Lace Neil Singer slams door in SC's face and turns to co-workers<: "Run, you fools!"
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I got to deal with the ones wanting in the store when I was pushing carts at walmart. The cart door was left unlocked so all the closing workers could leave and the night shift could come in and clean and stuff, as this was before it became a super walmart that never closes.
          My favorite was someone that came on payday trying to go in as I was going out to get the carts in the lot cleaned up. I told him no, the store has been closed for 30 minutes and you can't go in. He pulled the "I pay your salary" argument, so I asked his name. I then pulled out my paycheck, checked the name at the bottom, and pointed out that they were two different names so he must be confusing this store with another. He stared at me blankly for a minute then walked back to his car mumbling.

Comment

On Memorial Day, the Quiznoes I work for closed at 3PM. As my boss sets the alarm I see a car pulling into the parking lot. He parks, watches the owner lock the door and me and the owner walk to his car. (I don't drive so when he can, he gives me a ride home.) As we start to back out, we see the guy get out of his car and then go and try the door. He parked right in front of the door so he had to see the owner locking them. What did he think it was a joke? We got a good laugh out of that one.

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
              Personally I prefer "None shall pass!" "What?" "None shall pass!" as that's basically the way most of my after-closing customer conversations used to go. I loved being able to lock the door on them.
              That's another good one. XD I just kind of like the imagery of the LOTR movie bit.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                I just kind of like the imagery of the LOTR movie bit.
                I agree. AnaKhouri's bit gives quite the entertaining mental picture.
                "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

When I worked in a grocery store, we closed at midnight on the night before Thanksgiving. That meant the manager left the entry door open until midnight. The last customers didn't get through the register until about 2 AM. And of course, all the cashiers were scheduled to go home at midnight, so guess which stock person had to work a register?

Ugh.
                  Last edited by Chevy Nachos; 05-28-2008, 02:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

After 11 PM on normal days we lock the doors on one side and but a huge 3' x 4' sing in the doors telling customers to go around. On early close days (Christmas Eve, Memorial Day, etc) we lock the doors about 30 minutes to close. we have to (illegally) put stuff in front of the doors because customer will just keep walking at the doors and walk right into them.

After close one day a customer came up to the locked doors and tried to open them, with his keys, he broke TWO keys before he realized one was his car key. The MOD offered to open the door to let the key fallout. He was able to start his car and leave but later called and DEMANDED that we pay for a new ignition, since the key got stuck and all new computer-chip keys. Thankfully corp. refused.

Comment

At the clothes shop that I use to work at we would lock the doors at 15 minutes to close because before doing that people would simply just walk in and browse around even when they were told that we were closed, they always said they'd just be a sec, never happened.

Now after we started locking the door and unlocking it to let people out we would constantly get people pulling on the locked doors and when you told them you were shut they would use the lines 'I know what I want I won't be long' and 'but there are other people still in there'.

People at the job I am at now are just as bad, you know they finished their meal an hour ago and there still chatting there, the kitchen has shut down, the restaurant is fully reset except for their table and now the bar is shut down and yet they still sit and talk and are oblivious to the fact that we have shut down and want to go home. The worst part is that upper management has stated that we are not allowed to tell them that we are closed and are simply to wait until they are ready to leave.
                      Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Thankfully corp. refused.
                        Good. I'm so sick of reading stories about managers and corporate paying off stupid people.
                        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I also remember at the pizza place we used to have to lock the door after closing time, cuz people would just ignore the huge closed sign on the door and just stroll in. *headdesk* It took way too much time to throw them out, especially since we had to sweep and clean the floor, do all the remaining washing up, wipe down the surfaces and set out the doughs before we could go home; meaning we just couldn't spare the time to kick out idiots who couldn't read. -.- Even with the door locked we still had SCs trying to push the door open, and rattling the handles. Even remember SCs trying to squeeze in when we all finally left, and one dingus trying to break the door down.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I used to work in the food court of a certain wholesale warehouse chain. This department was by far the hardest to close and we were often working as hard as possible to get done by 10 or get chewed out by the supes for making them pay us 15 minutes worth of overtime.

The worst one was some ladies who had ordered some hot dogs at closing. Then they came up 15 minutes after closing and ordered a pizza. We had had everything cleaned up in the pizza prep area for a good 30 minutes so naturally I was annoyed, but thankfully I wasn't working the front that night.

Comment

SOmetimes one can deal with it- the lovely old lady who was just so totally nice who misremembered our closing time, but had been at it a spell- choosing a sparkly dress for the holidays in bright purple bootsocks. She was very nice and sped up a bit when we gently reminded her of our closing time (we had no sign, much to my distress).

But not the b who had been an employee just long enough for all parties to be glad she left. Came in just before closing a couple months later with her little b friend and their balloon-toting sprogs who were wound up from going out to eat. That was just pure revenge for no discernable reason. Grow the Freak Up.

Comment

Working...
                              X