This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This left me speechless.

I work in electronics quite a bit at work. I have a couple of registers back there, mainly for checking out large items or high risk of theft items. I can ring up items from outside electronics. However, I tend not to stay at the counter and spend most of the time speed weaving my department and zoning and helping guest all across the department. I had a young man ask if we could check out at electronics for a x-box points card and a pair of earrings in the jewelry department. i agree to check him out and go back to the boat from three aisles down where i was zoning. we get back to the service counter and he throws his items and money down and walks over to the ps3 display and starts playing completely ignoring me. I was speechless, until I managed to form the words, " I need you over here to check out. he ignored me for a good 5 minutes to play with the ps3
    They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

It happens quite a bit where I work. People throw their crap on the counter, wait til I ring them up, then they'll walk off and look around more.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Yeeeeah, see that's where I'd walk away completely and let the little brat come find me when he's ready to do things properly.

Comment

Struck Speechless.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          Struck Speechless.
          Did you draw that?
          I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
          In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

What a douchebag. That would have surprised me quite a bit. I probably wouldn't have had the wherewithal to throw his items at the back of his head.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth pssorens View Post
              we get back to the service counter and he throws his items and money down and walks over to the ps3 display and starts playing completely ignoring me.
              It bugs me to no end when people do that and it happens often enough at where I work ...
              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I'm not sure how I'd handle this. I think I might just refuse to touch his money until he came over to witness.
                wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                ----
                Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

ppl at the hobbyshop do that all the time! Especially parents!
                  Check out my cosplay social group!
                  http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

ah, that is the one thing i do love about outr tills at the communist nation. it has a lovely little suspend button, so if someone wanders off i can finish ringing in what they left, put the transaction into cyberspace, and the me (or any other cashier) can call it back and finish them off. makes lines go that much smoother. now if only the other cashiers would use it *shakes fist at the sky*
                    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I'd inform him that you had to return to work and walk off.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
                        Did you draw that?
                        Yes. Yes I did.

(Could'a sworn I already posted this)
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth pssorens View Post
                          he ignored me for a good 5 minutes to play with the ps3
                          Yeah....when some guy pulled that on me once...I stuffed his items under the counter and walked off. When he eventually came to find me, he was FURIOUS his stuff was gone. I replied that "Oh dear...someone must have put it back. You'll just have to go get the stuff again." I got cussed out and he left without buying anything...but it was so worth it to see the momentary look of shock when I said that.
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                            Yes. Yes I did.

(Could'a sworn I already posted this)
                            Certainly possible, I haven't been here long.

And I suspended my reading back into the archives for now.

I do not have a suspend button, instead, if someone is not there, I don't ring them up, if someone leaves, they have 2-5 minutes before I void the purchase, time depends on the line length.

And no, you do not get you place in line back.
                            Last edited by Tee; 06-01-2008, 06:31 AM. Reason: I'm not a girl
                            I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                            In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

I get this all the time when people just leave their junk and go play with one of the game systems. Its usually worse when its a trade in. People leave their 20+ trade in and about 5 min later, they come back and want to know how much it is. By this time, I have started ringing up other customers and they try to push their way to the front of the line when I have to tell them they have to get back in line like the rest of the other customers since they just walked away and I was not going to just stand there making other customers wait while you play around.

Comment

Working...
                              X