This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you really have to bother him?

I had a wife call in today to change the address on her husbands account. That's fine and dandy, but only the primary or joint my chnage the address. Security reasons and all that. No it doesn't matter that you are the one who pays the bills, the account is in his name and it's on his credit bureau not yours.

The lady seemed okay with it and just before I asked her if there was anything else I could do, she told me to hang on an minute and she'd take the phone to her husband who was taking a shower.

Sadly I was unable to dissuade her from bothering her husband in the shower and ended up speaking to a very grumpy man. I tried hard not to have any visuals during the rest of the converstaion.
    "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

At least he wasn't taking a dump. (There've been some stories about that here.)
    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
    --Dilbert

Comment

Oh yes, colleagues have had customers talk to them while taking a dump or peeing. Even if the hold time was excessive, you can ask whoever is on the other side to hold.

Comment

*raises hand*

I've peed while on the phone before, but say I'm rising a spider/ant off a glass when asked.

However, I do wait to flush until I've been put on hold or I can put the phone down for a minute.
        You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

What if you weren't put on hold and were just put on mute or whatever and they could hear everything??
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth freaktard View Post
            At least he wasn't taking a dump. (There've been some stories about that here.)
            That was my first thought.

While I was at work once, my boss's mom called in, while throwing up, to tell her about some bad food in the fridge. We had a good laugh, but I think my boss was rather disconcerted.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
              What if you weren't put on hold and were just put on mute or whatever and they could hear everything??
              Well then I guess they get a good laugh at my expense.
              You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Working...
              X