Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the name of Zeus's Butthole is it my fault?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the name of Zeus's Butthole is it my fault?

Ok, so I'm sitting at my desk at work when I'm confronted by a person who is running a class where I work. This guy is not just mad, pissed, or even extremely upset...oh no, he's gone into the realms of [censored]ing upset.

It seams that for the third time this month his laptop dies in the middle of his powerpoint presentation.

I go and take a look and what do I see? His laptop sitting there on the table. There's a cord running from the back to the network jack on the wall. I see the VGA running from the external monitor port to the wall plate leading up to the LCD Projector. I see the power cord...

...hooked to the back of the laptop and just sitting there neatly coiled on the table with the plug just sitting there.

As I'm noticing this, the idjit is ranting and raving that the laptop is dead, that it only dies here at my facility and that our building must be wired up wrong and it's killing his laptop. He's stabbing at the power button like hitting it for the 54,247th time is somehow going to make it work when the previous 54,246 times obviously didn't.

So I step, plug in the cord and turn on the laptop. Surprise Surprise Surprise! The damn thing turns on and is sending to the projector.

Yay! Job done and I can go and hide in my office again until it's time to go home. So I head up and tell my boss what the problem was.

An hour later I'm called into my bosses office and I'm informed that the person claimed that I called him an "asshole" and a "stupid moron" and about a hundred other nasty things. I assured my boss that the only thing I said was "There you go, any other problems feel free to have me paged" and I left.

Boss takes me at my word because they all know that I deal with the most idiotic and asinine mistakes with a level of professionalism.

This was a month ago.

Today idjit calls and complains that his "goddamn laptop was killed by our goddamn building and that you had better goddamn fix it pretty goddamn pronto or your goddamn ass is going to be goddamn unemployed"

Now I'm pagan so my first thought is "your hell you burn in it" but thankfully I have a pretty tight brain-mouth filter so I don't say anything more than "I'll be right there."

Now since he tried something last time I asked my boss to come with me and to stand next to the door.

I go in and sho' 'nuff, the laptop is yet again unplugged. I plug it into the wall and fire it up. Again I say "There you go, if you have any other problems I'm just right around the corner" and I leave.

I go one way and the idjit storms out of the classroom and almost runs my boss over. He then tries to rant and bitch at my boss about my unprofessional conduct and how I should be fired.

Well my boss reads this guy the riot act.

B - Awesome boss
    IB - Idjit boy

B - "Sir, after your complaint against Mongo I decided to monitor his activities and I was standing outside the door the whole time. At no point did I hear him call you a '[censored]ing moron or anything apart from asking what the problem was and telling you that it was fixed.

IB - "Uhm...uhm...<gulp>...well...I"

B - "In fact since you keep making the same simple mistake [at which point she pulls out the folder with his classes and the other attendant's notes on the abuse they get and how he every-mother-smurfing-time forgets to plug in the power cord then blames us for the problem] every time your here and abuse my staff...you can call your college's IT department from now on. If it's not a problem with the projector, we're not responsible.

Then she leaves and I'm in my office trying not to laugh my ass off.

PWNAGE!

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
    PWNAGE!
    Complete and Total!

I'd say you have enough to issue grievance and get his sorry arse fired as well! (depending on how vindictive you're feeling! )
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Mother Mary's Merciful Mammaries ! How does this guy remember to breathe ?
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I think the brain damage might have been caused by him forgetting to breath. Please tell me this is like an adult education center not a college.

Comment

Ah...customers. ::laughs:: Sounds to me like he wanted to get a discount on his meeting room rate due to your EXTREMELY inappropriate behavior. How dare you plug in his laptop and fix the problem?

Jackarse.....him not you.

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
            How does this guy remember to breathe ?
            Unfortunately, a lack of cognitive brain function doesn't keep those involuntary functions from working. If only...
            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

How in the name of Zeus's Butthole is it my fault?

I think it's...

"Only a stupid person would do something like that"
              "I'm not stupid"
              "Therefore it's ITs fault...somehow"
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Couldn't he blame the government or the school system, just like every one else ?
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Nice movie reference in the title of the post, great movie!

Comment

Quoth flightfreak View Post
                    Nice movie reference in the title of the post, great movie!
                    There are days where it's the only response one CAN use.

Quoth olstar18 View Post
                    I think the brain damage might have been caused by him forgetting to breath. Please tell me this is like an adult education center not a college.
                    We're not a college, but we rent classroom space to colleges so people can take classes without having to go to three hours away.

In this case the situation was far far worse. The guy teaching was teaching a class for the US Navy personnel working on a project.

I weep for our military.

M
                    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Support your troops : put that guy out. (Obvious sarcasm)

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                        Unfortunately, a lack of cognitive brain function doesn't keep those involuntary functions from working. If only...
                        Curses! If only it did!
                        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I hope I get to work with a cool boss like that someday.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

People like this should lose the right to breed. Not only is he too stupid to pour piss out of a boot, but when confronted with his own stupidity, he gets enraged. Transfering anger to the person who revealed your idiocy does not erase it. It confirms it.

Comment

This story.... just freaking brightened my day. (granted, I also just woke up, but still)
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                              X