X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short and Sweet Soft Serve Stupidity

Isn't alliteration fun?

I'm back at the dairy trenches for the summer (yay me!) and had a nice gem last night. Basically, a family comes in, consisting of parents, a 3-4 yo boy and an infant, wanting to order ice cream. The mom did all the ordering, when she got to ordering for the little boy she asked me about what ice cream is used for the kids shakes.

Me: Well Ma'am, we only use our soft serve vanilla for kids shakes.
    Her: Oh, that's not really ice cream. Could you use any other scoops of ice cream?
    Me: <after preventing mental derailment> No, Ma'am I'm sorry we can't.
    Her: Okay, could I get a Kids cone instead with sprinkles.

I'm hoping that she just thought it was custard, even though the kids shakes are described on our menu as being made with soft serve vanilla ice cream.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Back where I'm from as a child, the "milkshakes" where made with slightly frozen milk with flavourings added, (Alot like those Frosties you get from Wendy's) so it wasn't really milkshakes either. Maybe She thought it was that way at your Ice Cream place too?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Some shops make milkshakes with regular 'hard' ice cream, and its really good. 'course you have to have one of those industrial strength milkshake machines to make those.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Cripes...now I want TCBY. And I don't think that'd be a good thing for a diabetic to eat...

Stupid Brimley curse of gestational diabeetus.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I fail to see the suck.

She asked for a clarification, then a substitute. When you couldn't interchange anything she didn't scream, rant, etc she just changed her mind.
          You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

it was a touch of suck; failure to read a sign with a decription of an item.

at least she didn't rant and rave about it, so that's a plus.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I believe the stupidity (no suck just a 'bwa?') was that after denouncing the soft-serve ice cream in the milkshake she then proceded to order an ice cream cone with that same soft-serve ice cream.

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
                Isn't alliteration fun?
                Join the fight against alliteracy!!!

*ducking rotten tomatoes*
                "Sir, if you don't shut up, I'm going to kick one hundred percent of your ass!" - "Brad Hamilton", Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  Cripes...now I want TCBY. And I don't think that'd be a good thing for a diabetic to eat...

Stupid Brimley curse of gestational diabeetus.
                  Eat some cheese afterwards. It helps.
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                    Some shops make milkshakes with regular 'hard' ice cream, and its really good. 'course you have to have one of those industrial strength milkshake machines to make those.
                    We made those where I worked at college. Fill to the line with milk, add a couple scoops of ice cream, and blend. And trust me, that ice cream was hard - let's say the freezer definitely worked! But somehow I always accidentally made a little too much...

A friend of mine there taught me how to make a faux Orange Julius - vanilla ice cream, orange juice instead of milk, and a little vanilla extract. Yummy - creamsicle in a cup! (He added a bit of sugar, but I don't think it needs it.)
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                      Eat some cheese afterwards. It helps.
                      Really?....I did not know that. I'll definitely take that advice, since I looooove cheese.
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                        Really?....I did not know that. I'll definitely take that advice, since I looooove cheese.
                        RW is a diabetic (type 1, I think. The one that you control with diet, not Insulin shots). He's read a lot of books on the subject.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          RW is a diabetic (type 1, I think. The one that you control with diet, not Insulin shots). He's read a lot of books on the subject.
                          Type 2, as I got it in my late teens it doesn't count as type 1 (the kind that children get). Controlling type 2 with diet is a lot easier for me than having to take insulin shots (I've looked into it, in case I messed up someplace and lapsed really hard) as I'm broke and can't afford the insulin.

Comment

Oh. Sorry RW.

Comment

S'okay, EQ. You didn't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X