Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sick of winter. I hate snow. I am done with being stuck inside since October because I can't take the baby around all the filthy, germ-ridden people out there. Khan has been off school most of the week and sick to boot, and circumstances I am too weary to type means I have had both kids for 14+ hours a day, alone, and have to get up with Mal three times a night, and have left the house exactly once to take Khan to the doctor in all that time. I haven't written anything since my husband's surgery last week because I never have more than 5 minutes to myself before someone's whining or needing something. When the husband actually is home he's demanding attention too. I want to walk out and not come back for at least a couple days.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I'll sit in the corner over here trying not to use my wishes to show someone the reality of their life.... Seriously, pro-tip for you all: Don't criticize someones spending when they are miles off more financially responsible than you, they pulled your ass out of the mud several times and you still owe them hundreds of pounds whilst you go around buying stuff to show off with rather than doing anything to pay back what they did for you. Especially when you know the person that you are complaining to is the person who is known as the biggest failure of keeping secrets you know....
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        Once again, my tax refund went poof. Apparently I was supposed to cover the entire rent last month. I swear sometimes mom thinks I have a secret bank account somewhere...what she still doesn't realize is that if I default on my student loan or main CC (which she convinced me to add her as a user on a few years ago...little did I realize what would happen), we are both screwed.

I know I need a better job and am seriously working on that. What isn't helpful is the near-constant reminder (basically any time something about jobs comes on the news)...it's distracting me from doing what I need to do to make that happen.
        That sucks. And *immediately* take her the fuck off your credit card - seriously.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• [just gonna curl up here and sleep, ok?]
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• A 1st World Problem, but still:

Along with a stress-ridden hubby and a fuzzy kid who behaves like he's already entered puberty (but he ain't... yet *shudder*) our dryer gave up the ghost in the middle of a laundry cycle. GAH!
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

• Quoth NorthernZel View Post
              ... dryer gave up the ghost ...
              Attach laundry to kid as superhero cape. Voila!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• My sewing machine is in the shop. I hope it's not a serious problem.

First world problems, I know.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Attach laundry to kid as superhero cape. Voila!
                  LOL!

Anyhoo, we found out that a new dryer isn't as expensive as we thought, but we'll have to deal with the laundromat (or hanging the laundry out to dry in our shower cabin) for about a month before we can buy one.
                  A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

• Is there still room in the fort?

As per my other thread, my parents are probably splitting up. Dad was supposedly staying at his mother's now-vacant house. But, he seems to have disappeared--nobody has been in that house since last week. Car's gone, no phone calls, and the rest of us have heard nothing. It wouldn't surprise me if he left town and is at his sister's (my aunt) place near DC. Total dick move, and I always though my dad was a stand-up guy. When I was a kid, I looked up to him, I wanted to be like him

As if that wasn't enough, I had to take one of my cats to the vet today. Baxter wasn't feeling well this morning, and was refusing food. I took the day off, and took him to the vet. Of course, he was pissed. Can't say I blame him--he hates his carrier, he hates being in the car, he hates getting shots.

So he's still at the vet. They had to give him an IV, since he was a bit dehydrated. While there, I'm sure he's been poked and prodded for other tests, blood work, and other stuff that just sucks.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Quoth NorthernZel View Post
                      LOL!

Anyhoo, we found out that a new dryer isn't as expensive as we thought, but we'll have to deal with the laundromat (or hanging the laundry out to dry in our shower cabin) for about a month before we can buy one.
                      We use a clothes rack and a dehumidifier for our stuff. Although this may have something to do with the fact that we aren't allowed to use the balcony of our townhouse unit to dry clothes.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Tired of Doctor f-ups, tired of the seizures that break my partners brain so bad he doesn't know who he is, and just tired full stop.
                        As soon as I start thinking
                        That I'm sensible and sane
                        The Random Hedgehog comes along
                        And fiddles with my Brain
                        (from card I got)

Comment

• Yay, just popped what felt like a tendon in my arm while lifting heavy stuff.

Comment

• To the customer who thought it was a good idea to stand a glass bottle of olive oil upright on a jerky conveyor belt, I hate you.

To whoever it was among our upper management who says we can't use detergent for clearing up spills, I hate you even more.

Three times I mopped that floor with the useless stuff we're supplied with, and it's still greasy. Maybe when someone slips on it, you'll listen to those who actually have to try to deal with these things.

Been on my feet without a break for hours. Now I know what the Little Mermaid felt like when she swapped her tail for legs.
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• You can crawl in with me and my sweet little dog if you want. He's great for tension relief.
                              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• *crawls in and joins Marmalady, bringing a few of her favorite furbabies*
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X