This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Jobs = Epic fail

Heya, just another fuming front end service person here. I've done some of the really fun ones (fast food crew/management, custodial, in-home installation, some efficiency consulting, and even a brief stint as a telemarketer *duck*). Never done professional tech support, just run a bunch of people through the standard steps (is it plugged in? power strip on? etc.) still amazing how often that works...

Anyway, as I'm sure most of the people here would agree, it's nice to know that there are other people out there who realize/mourn just how idiotic the general populace has become. Guess I just wanted to drop a bit of background in case anyone gave a damn (not that I'd expect you to, but w/e).

Places I've worked: Arby's (3 of them, the last one ignored 80% of the consulting I was hired for, but they still payed, so w/e), Jimmy John's (mmmm, sooo tasty), Granite Transformations, assorted custodial, TCIM (telemarketing... hey, I was young and poor, whaddaya want?), Braum's, and a brief after-school number at a Biochem, Molecular Bio lab at the local university (filling microfuge tip boxes...
    If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

to CS, tangrid.

That's quite a varied list of job types you've worked.
    I look forward to reading your stories. You must have a few.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

microfuge tip boxes...
      huh?

and of course we give a damn! We're damn-giving people around here!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hello You must have a plethora of stories from the telemarketers job....
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          huh?

and of course we give a damn! We're damn-giving people around here!
          A microfuge is kinda like a syringe that you only have to change the plastic conical tip on, to cut down on price. Used for transferring chemicals from container to experiment to get the exact amount. So a microfuge tip box is a plastic box, with about 100 tips. To save money, they just kept the boxes and had lab assistants refill with bagged tips, then autoclave to sterilize, and voila!. Literally caught myself doing this one in my sleep a few times, but w/e.

And thanks for the damn, 99 more and I'll have a penny xD
          If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

Working...
          X