This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Introduction

A little discription of the store I work at to get things started.
    At my store:
    Dad can get a football helmet with beer can holders
    Older Brother can get a poster of Bob Marley smoking up
    Sister can get her first vibrator
    Baby Brother gets a fart machine
    Mom gets to yell at sales people for selling "Such Things" to her precious children that she dumped at the mall for 5 hours unsupervised.

I fear I have to many SC stories to chose from....
    Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
    The following is subject to change:
    If Your Going Through Hell,
    Keep Going...

Well hello and good afternoon!

Gotta love the people who think shops should
    a) Be Supervised child care for their 'little angels'
    b) Only sell things that one person deems non offensive
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Hello and welcome!
      And of COURSE you're responsible for what the kids buy - you're the built in BabySitter, donchaknow?? </sarcasm>
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

to Customers Suck! I'm guessing you work at Spencer's?

I once worked for a novelty shop (not Spencer's), and the amount of people who thought we were the Official Mall Baby Sitters was amazing. Despite the prominent and clearly-labeled Adult Section, the unstable displays and only one employee, they thought nothing of dropping their little darlings off for hours on end while they went clothes shopping or to an R-rated movie.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Babysitting

Even if they don't have kids they have an opinion. This story covers the two responses I usually get It's always one extream (amused) or the other (deeply and morally offended). I once had a two 50-60ish women come in. They were looking at keychains and our displays in the front of the store, totaly nice asking Questions about "what you kids are into" for her Grandson. As I'm ringing one up the other lady is talking looking around and stoped talking mid sentence, with a little *gasp*. She was staring at one of our signs, only the top line could be seen in the display. All she saw was the "F" word in 2inch letters. She said " You should turn that around! What if a child comes in?!!" I informed her that we are not responsible for the kids, it's the parents problem if they are letting there kids run around alone. Her reply: "You mean you just let children in here?"
          She made a little *huffing* noise and left. Her friend was still at the counter. She leaned over and said exactly what I was thinking:
          "Thank God she didn't get to the adult section. I would have had to hear it all the way home. She could use one of those vibrating thingeys, maybe she'd get in a better mood." Then she left and i lost it
          Last edited by Lady Heather; 10-12-2007, 08:10 AM. Reason: I was tired needed to fix it
          Keep Going...

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
            E. Her friend was still at the counter. She leaned over and said exactly what I was thinking:
            "Thank God she didn't get to the adult section. I would have had to hear it all the way home. She could use one of those vibrating thingeys, maybe she'd get in a better mood." Then she left and i lost it

If I were going to leave my kids unsupervised at a store (which I wouldn't) it sure as hell wouldn't be Spencers (or anything like it)!

Lady Heather...great posts so far
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Bingo!

My name is Heather, and the name is a CSI refrence, or a Dominatrix title.
              It depends on who asks.
              Was the Fangirl offer for real?
              I'd love to tell people I have my very own fangirl!!
              Last edited by Lady Heather; 10-16-2007, 10:49 AM.
              Keep Going...

Comment

Working...
              X