This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its nice and chilly out

Except I live in Florida. 2 days ago it was swealtering hot. Damn rain. Why can't it be one temperature in a month instead of 10?

Ten temperatures in a month... I'd take that. Beats 10 in a day. I should not be seeing my breath when I'm mowing the lawn in late April.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

It's the same way up here in Montreal.

I was in a t-shirt not too long ago and today it's crazy windy and just stopped raining.

The only good part about the weather today is that my neighbor's stupid tempo that hasn't seen a real snowfall in a month blew over onto its back. This hopefully means he'll finally take the damn thing down. His car was in it so I hope it didn't get beat up by the frame.

I'm hearing a lot of southern states are much colder than it should be. Sucks.

Edit:
      Went to check the mail and his car is gone, but the frame is still there almost up against the neighbor's house. I guess he had something more important to do.
      Last edited by Slayer; 04-23-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        Ten temperatures in a month... I'd take that. Beats 10 in a day. I should not be seeing my breath when I'm mowing the lawn in late April.
        I was forced to mow the lawn a week ago. I wanted to die at the end. Couldn't stop sneezing. Could barely breathe.

I was loving the warm weather here. Upper 70s. Sunshine. My tan is going well already this year.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Waiting for our beloved Jester to chime in here. As for me, it's been COLD in the mornings here. A month ago, we were in the 80s. I mean, we had the warmest March on record. April just HAD to come and put an end to the fun, didn't it?
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

It was chilly this morning! I was surprised. Not all that hot at midday either. Gonna go back outside again soon.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

We had several days of 70's & 80's in March. VERY unseasonable. Then we had a nasty cold spell. Very bad for the farmers. Local farms lost their cherry crop because the flowers budded and bloomed early, then got iced.

Today we had snow, but it didn't stick. You'd have thought it was the apocalypse the way the TV weather people were going on about it last night.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post

I'm hearing a lot of southern states are much colder than it should be. Sucks.
                We are.

Just Saturday it was close to 80 degrees and sunny. Yesterday it may have reached 55 degrees and we had rain (started late Saturday night) and that didn't go away until this morning.

Right now, it's 51 degrees outside. I have my fireplace on in my office. We had another rain shower this afternoon. Our low tonight is expected to be around 37 degrees!

I cannot believe this . . . I think the calendar is screwed up.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We over the pond and slightly North are having weather chosen by roulette wheel too.

It's sunny!
                  It's overcast!
                  It's mizzling!!
                  It's raining!
                  It's torrential!!
                  The wind is going horizontal!!
                  Rain's stopped!!
                  Sunny again!!
                  Rain again...
                  Oooh, rainbow!!
                  Is that HAIL?
                  Yup!
                  *FLASH*
                  *rrrrrumble*

O.o

Our flats have no gas, and the insulation is a pile of shite. Especially for a building seven years old. XP So it's cold in the rooms. *sigh* Time to dig out the old noisy smelly fan heater, the blankets and the hot water bottles...
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                  X