This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new look at the space shuttle

Stolen from another forum, a 360 view of the cockpit of the Space Shuttle Discovery.

http://360vr.com/2011/06/22-discover...236/index.html

At the Kennedy Space center they have an actual sized model - it's a lot smaller than you'd think.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Very fun link!

My dad works for a subcontractor for NASA, so he's always sending me fun space links, but this is the first time I've seen this. Finally, I have something to send him! Muahaha!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I like that . . . but could you imagine somebody trying to go for a joyride in one of those babies?

Wouldn't take the cops long to catch them . . they'd still be mesmerized by all the lights and switches overhead and still looking for the ignition switch to stick the key in.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

And the pilot has to know what all that stuff is for!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          And the pilot has to know what all that stuff is for!
          I would imagine so. It's not like there's a "Flying the Space Shuttle for Dummies" manual available.

I've already written one short story pertaining to a joyride in a Concorde SST. I could probably whip out one about a space shuttle.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
          X