This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post

I HAVE THAT GAME 8D you're the first other person who knows about it!! It was called Bodyworks Voyager. It was a cross between Trauma Centre and The Incredible Journey and trumps Trauma Centre hands down. It was INCREDIBLE *does the happy nostalgia dance*
    Actually, I have that one also, you just never asked. I didn't mention it because I got so good at it, I'd stopped playing it as a kid. XD

I also remembered Pheonix from the arcades. I thought it was better than anything except Gorf, because Gorf talked to you! How could any arcade game be better than that!! :rofl:

Add: How could I forget this one? Dungeons and Dragons for the Intellivison! Bouncing arrows down corridors, searching for gate keys, and hearing the dragon roar in the final mountain--knowing while you hunted it, it hunted YOU! I can't believe I almost forgot one of my favorite games of the early 80s!
    Last edited by Geek King; 02-10-2012, 05:07 PM. Reason: Lapsed Memory
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Eeeee. I Love finding out that the thing I loved as a kid was loved by others too. ^^

I dug out my BodyWorks CD!! ...it won't install on the XP computer, nuuuuuu *weeps*

...Oh well, I found a video on YouTube. Though, if anyone got a better manual than I have (I have it as a three-part thing, the game and two educational/home resource programmes alongside it, so not much with it) I have a cunning plan to do with the game and to execute it I need to find that list that I remember from the game that told you about all the different virii and such you would face...and I can't recall them all...
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
        don't know what your talking about....KQ:VI was the last one EVER made >.>

look up the silver lining though....independent company made a 5 part game wrapper.....you play as King Graham again
        Oh, c'mon. XD Princeless Bride wasn't *that* terrible. Sure, the voice acting left a lot to be desired, but I thought it was fun.

I just remembered another couple 'games' I used to play. Anyone remember the MindMaze game on Encarta? Loved that one.

There was another one I used to tinker with, though, that I cannot remember the name of. Maybe someone else knows it? The program was all about animals. Basically, you could choose from three 'guides' that spoke and gave little blurbs about animals in various parts of the world. You could, IIRC choose either land, sky, or sea. One guide looked like a stereotypical Crocodile Hunter type and one of the other guides was a woman. Oh, and once you finished learning about the animals, there was a section at the end where you got to click on the animals to hear what sound they made. I remember this because the hippo one terrified me.
        Last edited by firecat88; 02-11-2012, 12:05 AM.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          I just remembered another couple 'games' I used to play. Anyone remember the MindMaze game on Encarta? Loved that one.
          Now you mention MindMaze, for some bizarre reason it became all the rage with the lads in my year at school. Year 8/9 maybe? Every lunchtime they'd gather in the free (i.e. the ones we had that weren't set aside specifically for work, we had a good system) Library computers and play it. It was educational so the Librarians couldn't really do anything about them playing it...then realised they were having fun, and eventually I heard they set up a MindMaze race/tournament kind of thing. XD

I just liked playing the 'locate the instruments' game on Encarta, and it led me to Microsoft Musical Instruments, a brilliant little reference that I now own and work on the XP computer. ^^
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

MINDMAZE omg, I loved that game! I was terrible at it. But I adored it.

Umm, let's see. Oregon Trail in school. Always died of dysentery, of course.

Chip's Challenge. I don't think anyone's mentioned that yet. XD I never made it through very many levels, I think I was stuck on level 19 or 20 or something like that.

Outlaws. I love Outlaws. I can semi-play it on my other laptop, but the graphics are very psychedelically colored. I loved watching my dad play it, too...he never cheated with the invincible cheat code like I do...
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

When I was tiny, we had a bunch of DOS games. There was this one with a mouse dressed in overalls...the disk actually came with a little toy version of the mouse character. I can't remember the name of the game.

We had an Atari, and I loved to play Adventure! With the dragons and the chalice? Your character was just a little square that moved around. Real nice graphics Tennis was another game I loved to play on the Atari.

Later on the computer, I loved Myst, and the original Tomb Raider.

ETA: Everyone mentions Flight Simulator. All I could ever get that to do was crash my plane into the Sears tower. That game bored me quick.
              Last edited by bhskittykatt; 02-11-2012, 04:16 AM.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

We had the Apple II. Games were Memory Castle, some Mother Goose pre-schooler type game, 1984 Olympic Decathalon, Sneakers, Flight Simulator and Carmen Sandiego

We also had an Atari. Some of our favorites on that were Frogger, Ka-boom, Barnstorming, Donkey Kong, Breakout, Tank, Pac-Man, and a drag racing game.
                My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Holy crap, you guys are young.

TheSHAD0W hobbles around the forum on his walker yelling "damn kids!"

same here except we played video games with rocks, dirt and sticks and we played by candle light

I did not even get to play coin-op video games until the late 1970's. the closest we got was electro-mechanical (non-digital) pinball games.

when I did get an Apple][+ in 1982 (w/64k, joystick, 2 single sided floppies, a CP/M card, and a color RF TV Adapter) I got Choplifter, Wizardary I, II and III and a couple of others I can't remember. most were (crappy) ports of coin-op games
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                    First one was Tank on an friend's old Atari 2600. We were very happy (and richer) when Space Invaders was ported to the 2600.

Personal computer side was (on the C-64):

M.U.L.E. (Best group game ever!)
                    I grew up playing Asteroids & Combat on our old Atari 2600. Breakout was another favorite.

LOVED M.U.L.E. on the C-64. I even found a version of it that will run on my current machines, but haven't set it up on the new laptop.

We also spent hours playing Summer Games & Winter Games on the C-64. Even got risquee & played Strip Poker, but I don't think Mom ever approved of that one.
                    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I remember playing Duck Hunt, gun and all, at a young age. Oregon Trail and Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego were musts at my school. Oh, and of course MindMaze. That game was great! My first at home game system was a Super Nintendo, and I had LOTS of games for it. My favorites, though, are still Super Mario Brothers, the Donkey Kong trilogy, Zelda (yes, I've been a Zelda addict since a young age) and Street Fighter II Turbo. I played a LOT of those growing up!
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I lost days to Elite in my teens and now there is an open source version called Oolite.

Comment

Heck yeah Adventure! I loved the hell out of that game, it wasn't until years later that I realized that the Atari, and the majority of games we had for it, was older than my brother or I, and then I realized why my dad was always so happy to buy us video games, just not always the ones that we mentioned wanting. As much as I loved the Atari and our Super Nintendo (and Link to the Past was my absolute favorite game) the system most near and dear to my nostalgic heart is the Sega Genesis, sadly my brother sold it to one of his friends along with all of the good games *sigh* I miss Ecco.

Comment

I used to love the Carmen Sandiego games. The Kings Quest and Quest for Glory games were also favorites. Another game I enjoyed was 3-demon, a 3d version of pac-man. That game was downright addictive.

Commander Keen in goodbye galaxy was fun too. I also liked Cosmo, put out by the same company.

Now I want to look these games up just for nostalgia.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Oh I almost forgot to mention that, apparently unlike everyone else, I'm not terribly attached to Oregon Trail but I loved Amazon Trail.

Comment

OH I forgot I used to play a semi-Text version of Star Trek on an IBM370 mainframe.
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X