Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll see if my library has it or I'll just download it onto my Nook.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      I have not voted in the poll because I know I won't be reading the book...
      I hope that we get people chatting about books they are familiar with/have read before even if they aren't reading along with the CS-BOTM. While I do plan to re-read "His Majesty's Dragon" there were a couple in the poll that I wouldn't have needed to to discuss well. So if one of those comes along, hope you join in RK.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      The girls on here know, I'm sure, that if you are online and people know you have a vagina, ....
      lol. Not just the girls. Created my first female alt about two years ago and was it ever an eye opener! Landed in the game and private chat lit up like a Christmas tree. Some good, some sad, most boring. And the sheer persistence. Does that crap ever work?

Anyway We'd Rather Read...ers, got my His Majesty's on hold at the library, and will move it to near the top of TRQ asap.

Comment

I got it as an ebook the day of. Finished it this past weekend. And it is *so* damned difficult to keep my mouth shut about it right now!

And yes, definitely other books will be welcome to be mentioned. I'm still refining some of the mechanics of running everything. For instance, we had too many books on the list this month, so I'm working out ways to reduce the list next month, so that the vote becomes a bit more of a contest.

Add in that I think it got slowed down by people needing to join, then be approved, and *then* they could vote, and we didn't get all the votes we should have. Again, next month should be improved, I hope.

Comment

What about if we do a book exchange or if someone wants a book we can send it? I just got a Kindle for Christmas, and promised hubby I would get rid of some (not all) of my books, so I have a bunch (Jim Butcher, Laurell K. Hamilton, Simon Green, Margaret Maron, etc) that I could send to someone if they are interested. I could pick up the shipping too.
          Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

For that, you'll need to ask Raps and the mods. There are rules against selling things directly on the site to avoid possible issues with hard feelings. At least, I seem to recall there are or were.

Just check with them to make sure, as that is something I have no say over.

Comment

Currently not at home so not able to devote enough time to this. Give me a nudge when I get back - maybe Monday or Tuesday?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                For that, you'll need to ask Raps and the mods. There are rules against selling things directly on the site to avoid possible issues with hard feelings. At least, I seem to recall there are or were.

Just check with them to make sure, as that is something I have no say over.
                Understood, but I was offering to donate, not sell. I will talk to Raps when he gets back.

Comment

Got a bit of time. First thoughts are go ahead - if it's an exchange or just a donation then it's up to the parties involved to arrange and the board isn't involved or responsible. Addresses etc via PM for security.

If any issues arise, we'll look at it then.

Rapscallion

Comment

Sounds good. I need to get rid of the books and I want them to be read, so giving them to people who need something to read seems like a good idea. I will get a list together and post it, and if someone wants the book, just PM me their name and address and I will send it out. If multiple people want the book, the first person who PM's me will get it. Does that sound fair?

Comment

How long of a book is it? Work just dumped a ton of hours on me and I misjudged my workload for school.

But I'd hate to not participate too...so, Pedersen, is it a hard read?
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I didn't think so. My usual reading speed is about a page/minute, and I didn't notice any change in the speed for the book. Probably won't be much of a difference for most readers.

Comment

353 pages. It's a lot of fun, and not terribly dense. I've read it a few times, so I can easily finish it in a day if that's my main activity, 2 1/2 if I'm doing other things.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Okay, that wasn't a hard read. Not my usual book style, but not a hard read.
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm having issues getting it. I'm gonna check the library again later this week. Even if I can't find it this week I'll eventually get to it.
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Mine came today. Will start tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X