Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry this happened. Let me echo everyone else in saying I'm glad no one was hurt. I'm also glad you're starting to get back on your feet, and seeing at least a bit of good.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Oh, Kansasgal! I am so very sorry! Naturally I am very thankful that no one was hurt, including your furbabies. But yes, even if it's just "stuff" it was stuff that meant a lot. It's only natural to react this way after a disaster, especially if there was no injury or death to the people or living creatures involved. When my car was hit last month, as soon as I knew I'd be OK, my anxiety and sadness was all about losing the car (and that's all I lost; anything inside that got broken was easily replaced).

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      Maybe when you're settled we can all send you some things to help out. I did a dragon painting I could send to help you start your collection again!
      I'm with LillFilly, and with anything, dragons or otherwise. Let us know what you need. My husband would be happy to tell you I have too much stuff, and with the way things are going in my life I may need to do a swift purge soon anyway. I would rather see items go to someone in need than just be tossed or even sold to someone who doesnt really need them. (BTW, fires have always been one of my worst fears too...growing up I had a LOT of nightmares about our house being on fire.)

((((HUGE HUGS)))) to you and please keep us updated.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Wow...I am so sorry about that. I have nightmares about that happening to me and read people the riot act if they leave the stove/oven/gas bbq on when not in use. I also don't keep anything flamable around any heat source. It's difficult to lose your stuff I know. I'm glad you have good insurance though that is a lifesaver I'm sure! And glad everyone is ok.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

So, the whole fire thing continues...

We were living in a hotel, two bedrooms, 5 people, no dogs. So, I was really frantic to find a house. Found a house, told insurance, who assured me that all would be fine and to arrange the move. Arranged the move, went to Aaron's Rent to own to arrange the rental furniture, then insurance called and said that they wouldn't sign the lease because house manager wanted a years lease and we shouldn't need that long. SO,,,time to find another house.

Was at school, and looked on the apartment board and found the name of a realtor, called them and explained the situation. landlord called me back and said he might just have a house he could rent month to month, as several soldiers just PCS'd out. Looked at the house, and it was just what we needed.

Insurance signed the lease, and we moved yesterday. Aaron's was a fiasco, they too 8 hours to set up the furniture/electronics, and left with some things still to set up.

Daughter in law is being bitchy, stating she needs her stuff replaced NOW. I explained I have limited funds, and everyone needs something NOW, she would get stuff replaced when I get the full contents check, because feeding everyone is the priority right this minute. She has continued bitching since the fire that it is totally inconvenient to her to have to go through this...I am ready to just throw her out...youngest and hubby are at each other's throat, because they have never had to live in this close of contact, son always had a room to go to but didn't until yesterday....

Insurance promised money to get dogs out of the kennel, and to get more items for the new house (Pots, Pans, Glasses, Dishes, Cups, Food, Silverware, etc), promised it 10 days ago and it still hasn't come. Bank is now down to 0...

I want tranquilizers, and I want them NOW
          Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Would you settle for a Margarita? If done right, they're just as good as a tranquilizer and a lot tastier.

I am glad things are slowly starting to work out for you. I have a feeling a lot of the inter family squabbles will settle down once everything returns to some semblance of normalcy.
            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

This is my first time ever hearing if any if this. I am sorry for what has happened to you.

(((((kansasgal)))))
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
              X