This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Maria View Post
    Also, Seraph, when I have to go babysit my mom's farm this summer, can I pack you along with?
    ....would you remember to poke holes for air? <.<
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      ....would you remember to poke holes for air? <.<
      No need, I'm way too lazy for a suitcase when I go to Mother's house. I just scoop up my clothes, lob them into the back seat, and drive. You could even touch the stereo, since I like all music!

The three-legged goat in particular, he's really, really fun to play with. So are the flock of geese across the lane. Just, uh... give me about 3 minutes' warning before you do that, so I can grab the camera and pop some corn... er... so I can join in the fun, yeah!

Comment

That story was hilarious. I laughed so hard I teared up.

Comment

<western movie>It's noon, and you need a break from work, Seraph. So I can see you now, Seraph..walking along in a park/zoo, and enjoying the day. Suddenly, from behind a tree, out jumps a peacock who's armed to his beak, his buddy Swanny, and Ms. Hawk is sitting in the tree, looking at you.
          You freeze.
          They all look at you.
          You look at them.
          You take a step towards them, looking mean.
          They step towards you, synchronized, looking mean.
          It's a showdown.
          You pick some rocks up, and pull your trusty Logitech mouse from your pocket - the laser should work on them.
          Swanny pulls out a stick from his wings, and Pea sharpens his beak a bit. Ms. Hawk just flexes her feet, her claws all shiny and sharp.
          ........continue?
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

/feign death

Comment

With the exception of ducks, it seems most waterfowl harbor an intense hatred of people... especially swans and geese. Something must have happened between our species millions of millions of years ago, and whatever it was, we have forgotten, but THEY sure haven't.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

They got a precognitive vision of Justin Bieber. That'd be my best guess.

Comment

While in high school, a friend of mine was living on a small acreage with some peacocks. Whenever I was visiting, so long as I was standing, the peacock would just look at me. When I was crouched down for something however....

A few years later, I was working at a wildlife park that had peacocks and hens wandering around. The peahens would just ignore me. The peacocks on the other hand, would always follow me around and randomly attack me. There were a few times where I'd need to get one of the other workers to be between me and the peacocks or I was continously getting pecked at or bitten.
                  Of course, whenever I'd talk to a manager about the evil birds, whenever they were looking, the peacocks would ignore me. As soon as the manager would look or go away however....

Peacocks are evil evil birds.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    With the exception of ducks, it seems most waterfowl harbor an intense hatred of people... especially swans and geese. Something must have happened between our species millions of millions of years ago, and whatever it was, we have forgotten, but THEY sure haven't.
                    Yes! Reminds me of when I was really young and my parents and I went to a petting zoo/farm. We were just walking around the place, the handlebars of my chair were being nommed upon by goats, and we hear a scream. We turn and look and a goose is *chasing* this woman across the parking lot. It chased her all the way until she got into her car.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I visited the L.A. Zoo about 15 years ago and they had free roaming peacocks. I took some pictures of a peahen and her chicks, though I was really careful not to upset her. I didn't want an incident like you had.

The Louisville Zoo also has free roaming peacocks. One of them opened his tail for me after I gave him some popcorn.
                      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I can't say I've ever personally had problems with peacocks or geese or anything like that. There was an incident with a tiger, though...
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                          There was an incident with a tiger, though...
                          Uh oh. That sounds like story time, Firecat...
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Seraph you have the wierdest things gunning for you and birds are part of satan's militia. I'm not surprised so many people have problems with those idiotic things.

I'll never forget getting fish and chips on the pier and a bloody HUGE pelican decided my fish and chips was his. I ended up running down the main street shreiking and flinging bits of fish as a distraction until I found safety in a cafe I was working in. He stood outside gaping at me for sometime until the chef chased him off with a broom. It was like a scene out of Jumanji, it had evil red eyes and I have never seen one that big. Pelicans are scary when they spread their wings and run after you making awful noises.

Peacocks are sneaky and agressive. I remember taking chilli (23kg staffie) out the front and I didn't notice the pub's male peacock had gone for an amble and was 2 houses down and the peacock must have been in a pissy mood. Chilli was chased all through the park by that iridesent feathered nutnugget follwed by me chasing the both of them throwing sticks and yelling at the damn thing. We had to run home and jump the fence and I had to hose it through the fence to get it to go away.

Don't ever meet a cockatoo. EVER. At least chickens can be entertaining and you can eat them in the end.

Ducks are fun especially if they have some spark of intelligence in their heads. There was one in the park across from my old house who loved to sneakily waddle up to people and QUACK and run off with what I swear with duck laughter when people freaked. He also would play chicken with magpies during swooping season.

Comment

My great-grandmother's parrot (before my time) would bite people and then laugh... in her voice.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My mom has a cockatoo who is a total baby and an sweetheart. Like dogs, they can be raised not to bite. Some have a more difficult disposition to work with than others, though. I loooove birds. I'm total bird person. I hope to have a cockatiel some day. Smaller and not nearly so noisy as a cockatoo and you'd be amazed at how cuddly they can be.

As for ducks not being agressive...HAAAAAAAA! Someone has never had bleeding ankles from duck bites before. I have! My grandparents had ducks that liked to chase people and nip at their ankles. It was kind of funny watching people run from ducks so fat that they nearly laid on their side with every waddle. Said ducks also liked to chase cars in the driveway and try to nip at the tires. We were always afraid we'd end up running over their heads.
                                The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                                X