This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this afternoon I almost witnessed an accident; tonight I got in one

I posted about the three-car near miss. Tonight I was going to the mall to pick something up. I was in the right lane and a car slightly ahead of me in the left lane kept looking like it was weaving or trying to move over. But it stopped doing that, so I thought I was fine. Well, she moved over without signaling just as I was beside her and she hit me. She was all of 19 and totally freaked out about it. She apologized over and over. I told her it was ok; we weren't hurt and the damage on my car was cosmetic. Well, hers too, but her car is new. I just need my light fixed and since she's at fault, her insurance will take care of that. I have a headache, which is to be expected, but I'm ok. I may skip work tomorrow. I really just feel bad for her because of the guilt she feels. She made a mistake, and I don't think she'll do it again.

It's just been a weird day over all. I got 5 hours sleep this morning and my cappuccino machine died. That was the reason for this errand; I had gotten a very good deal on one at other [my store] across town, then had to drive all the way back when it was defective. So I returned the $27 one and had to drop close to $70 on an in-the-box, newer model. I had decided to go to my store on my side of town, since we need the sales. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten in the accident. But I'm thinking this girl needs an older friend, kind of like a big sister. So this may turn out well.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Bad Food Lady! No scaring us like that. *hugs* I'm glad you're OK. Just be careful and to be on the safe side you might want to get checked out. If I recall from some of your other posts, you have some physical ailments. It wouldn't hurt to make sure nothing else got wonky. (Not to get the girl in trouble-she sounds like a good kid-just to make double sure you're all right.)
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I'm waiting for my friend to pick me up--going to ER because it's open. I'm tired and want to go to bed, but I feel light-headed and eyes don't wanna focus. Probably just tired, but you never know.

Comment

Aww sweetie!
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Hope you're okay.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

As much as it sucks to be on the receiving end of negligence like that, I'm glad you kept your cool.

Trust me, it is NOT fun to do something that simple and idiotic and have the other person screaming at you in a foreign language and dialing 911 over a fender bender
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

<huggles Food Lady> I'll be praying for you like crazy right now, let us know how you are and if everything's all right!
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Thinking of you, Food Lady, and hoping that nothing is seriously wrong. *hugs*
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'm at work. I'm basically OK. I am a bit loopy, as I was last night, so yeah, concussion. The doc said I'm more susceptible because I've had a few. I don't get that. I'd be fine if I would stop slipping and falling every winter, and if people stopped hitting me with their cars. I foresee naps in my future. I'll see my regular doc, too. I already know what he'll say: "What did you do NOW??" Oh, and blas, I never understood getting angry, except that anger often comes out of fear. But I'm usually fine in an emergency. I freak out over little stuff.
                  Last edited by Food Lady; 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Concussion? Jeez, lady! D: <hugs> I'm glad its nothing *too* serious though.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Hope you recover quickly FL. As for the 'big sister' thing - imagine someone asking you ten years from now how you two met. It'll make a fun story!

Comment

Scary! I hope you're feeling better now. Take it easy if you can!
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                        X