This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Corral Sucky Customer

The other night my guy and I decided to eat at Golden Corral. We had just found our table and put our drinks down when a group of people started hollering at the bus lady, now mind you the whole group was hollering Ma'm to get her attention but one woman at the table takes the cake with her rudeness. She screams out Ma'm WOULD YOU MOVE THESE PLATES YOU LEFT HERE!!! LIKE NOW!!!

Oh my God!! I was appauled at the nerve of her rudeness!! I don't know if the bus lady had just gathered the plates from their table and got sidetracked, I noticed when I glanced over there that there were pitchers of pop, so I am assuming that she stopped to refill their drinks and had left some dirty plates on the table in the process. I don't think that is a big deal in itself, I think you could let the lady know without being a bitch about it.

Well there is more to the story..the bus lady had a tray stacked with plates that she placed on the table next to us so she could bus that table and one of the stacks of plates fell onto the floor, poor lady, how embarrassing, so she cleans that up and as soon as she is done another stack crashes to the floor!! I felt so sorry for her, she kept apologizing to us and we kept telling her that is was okay, accidents happened and that she was doing a fine job, and yes I was saying this loud enough so the bitch at the other table could hear! I was impressed that she remained calm about the whole situation, even after the bitch was mean to her!

I decided that she deserved a big tip for putting up with what she had to do, she was not our server but after we were done eating I walked up to her and handed her ten dollars and said I was sorry the other people were mean to her and that she was doing a good job! She was really suprised, I did not make a scene about it, although I thought I should say it loud so the bitch could hear, but I did not want the bus lady to be embarrassed.

I hope that it made her night, the thing that really got to me was that the fact that the bus lady was older, maybe in her 50's and the woman who was rude must have been in her late 30's or early 40's plus had kids (teens) with her, so what happened to respect for your elders and what does that teach your teenagers about respect for others?

Sounds like a very noisy night.

But I don't really get why you think an adult has to respect another adult because the second one is a little older? People should respect each other because they're people, not because one got born a little sooner. Besides, if I was one of the teens with the loud lady, I wouldn't respect her no matter how much older than me she was. :P
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

I think you could've reversed the ages of the people involved, with the bus person being younger and the screamy lady being older, and the result wouldn't have been any different.

To me it isn't an "I don't respect my elders" thing. It's more of an "I don't respect people" thing. Or maybe more accurately an "I don't respect the wage slave who is obviously beneath me" thing.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I was taught to respect my elders. I live by that, even if the elder is acting like a jerk, I am still respectful. It is the way I was raised. This also includes respecting all people but I still believe in respecting your elders and those in authority.

Comment

I think that was very nice of you, and I bet it made her night. Not just the money, but the kindness shown to her. Buffets are tough, because I LOVE them (especially like Golden Coral) but some of the people you have there are, well...people.

Comment

You did the right thing, and most definitly made her night by doing that.

I recently had a customer get very loud and rude with me because I wouldn't allow a double discount on their bill. Another guest from across the room(not my table) called me over and gave me a fin and were just so kind to me. They told me that I handled the other table graciously and it made me feel a little better.

The mgr did cave and give them the discount

Little things like that keep me sane in this insane business............
            What do you want for nothin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit?": Blues Bros.

Comment

Golden Corral's food sucks, but those people suck even more for being so incredibly rude to that bus girl for no reason.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

OT, but I am dying to try Golden Corral. I also love the Simpsons' parody, Golden Trough. We don't have anything quite like it in Canada, and now that my hubby has a job in the US I'll be travelling with him sometimes. Gotta check this out.

Comment

yeah being nice to people when they're having a hard day bussing tables gets noticed.

my boyfriend was kind to one of the table bussers at ryan's buffet here - on black friday evening nonetheless. when he came back with me the following week the young man remembered and was very friendly to us. (which also meant he got a nice tip too)

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                    OT, but I am dying to try Golden Corral. I also love the Simpsons' parody, Golden Trough. We don't have anything quite like it in Canada, and now that my hubby has a job in the US I'll be travelling with him sometimes. Gotta check this out.
                    The dinner rolls alone are worth it. Total nom.

The rest of the food is standard buffet fare, IMO. Not terrible, but not too great either.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                      Truth be told, I'm not overly impressed with the ones around here. I always tend to eat too much when I go there, too. I prefer having my food brought to me when I go out. Getting my own is almost as bad as cooking my own... I can do that at home.

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
                        The other night my guy and I decided to eat at Golden Corral. !
                        My condolences.

I used to eat at the one here sometimes, the food wasn't bad. Pretty standard. Hot. Edible. Fast.

I quit going because I felt like it wasn't clean.

Last time I was there (years ago) three of the four plates they gave us were dirty. I discretely and politely brought the problems to the server's attention, so she brought out more plates. The ones she brought out were dirty, too.

I left. Yuck.

Comment

The Golden Corral near where I live is wonderful. I just love going there. It's my happy place, where I go for one-two hours once per payday. Where else can I go where I can eat all I please (bad diabetic, I know, but food makes me happy) for ten dollars?

Besides, the wait staff all know me, and I see how hard their job is, so I treat them with respect and I always tip them. They seem to like a diner who is friendly to them without hitting on them, and doesn't bark orders. But then, I tend to clean up my own table.

And the rolls: Fantastic. Try them with melted cheese instead of butter. It takes just like a high-quality pretzel.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                          X